Used 2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Connect to Travel
By moknows

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon not only holds the grandkids, but all of the toys too. Built a box in the back to hold camping/travel gear. We can fold down rear seats and set up air mattress for unscheduled sleepovers.

Favorite Features

Love the head room in the back, storage area in front and the 40/60 split seats that fold two ways.

Suggested Improvements

Side sliding doors need working windows. Rear door stabilizers that hold the door open when it is fully extended, the slightest breeze will slam them shut. Another foot in length would be great,

Blue Transit Connect 2010 - great design
By John Jones

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage good. Power good. Style good. Interior room . Awesome. I traded in a Ford escape. Been on trips, mostly drive in town like most of us. Stops great. Some gmc cut over in front of me the other day and the transit did extremely well. I do wish they had a luxury package or more add-ons. Fab for hauling stuff. John Jones Stone mountain, ga.

Favorite Features

Style and functions. I am a beekeeper and I can put whole hives in the vehicle without having to split the hive boxes.

Suggested Improvements

Need more accessories and luxury options. Would love better more luxury front seats.

A professional drivers opinion.
By Driver57

As part of my job I drive a Ford Transit Connect. Overall, I like the vehicle, the handling is respectable even at highway speeds, and interior cargo space truly is impressive. I've driven this vehicle in all weather conditions and at all times of day. While I am overall impressed with the vehicle, however, it does have a glaring safety concern. The standard side view mirrors are inadequate for the vehicle. It desperately needs the full sized mirrors found on larger vans. Even looking over your right shoulder to check the blind spot it is possible to hide a mid-sized car in the Transits blind spot.

Favorite Features

The instrument display is easily my favorite feature on the vehicle. It's clean, clear, and easy to read with a glance.

Suggested Improvements

The Ford Transit desperately needs full sized side mirrors, it's a hazard for any one driving it without them. It's only a matter of time before even cautious drivers cut someone off inadvertently.

Finally...
By Kevin

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After trying a Nissan Pathfinder, a Ford Expedition, and a Chrysler Pacifica for my calibration business, I finally found THE right vehicle. No desire for a mini/full size van. I spend over 40 weeks on the road annually. I call this my money bus, or my toaster (mine is RED). No problems at 15,000 miles. Love the Bluetooth. I fabricated a full-length shelf about 15" below the roofline. Would rather have purchased the same custom made. I also installed a side-mounted shelf unit custom from Adrian Steel. Stereo upgrade a must. Traction Control is impressive. 25-28 mpg highway. Power is adequate, handling/maneuverability is a dream. I'd love to pimp this one out! Rear seats a snap to remove.

Favorite Features

Loading/unloading ease. Economy. Maneuverability. Bluetooth. Head- turner! Pack it wide and the side doors still close with ease.

Suggested Improvements

More shelving options to maximize space. Class 1 receiver hitch would be nice (too tall for a roof bike rack). Premium stereo. Factory aluminum wheels. Turbo/ecoboost? Extended cab 10- 15 inches.

Perfect for small business operator
By Gary Stewart

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this for our gourmet bakery distributorship business. We have put 25,000 miles on so far. It has been everything we hoped it would be. We get a huge amount of product in it, all the doors are easy to work from with the low floor, very comfortable to drive with great gas mileage. This was a key for us averaging almost a thousand miles a week. People constantly come up and ask about it. We're thinking about buying a second one. Why has no one else come out with this type of vehicle for a business operator?

Favorite Features

Practicality, comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really stands out.