Used 2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

It's designed for work
By henrickson

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've carried more cases of wine, beer, soda, computer equipment then I can shake a stick at. This vehicle is designed for that and excels at it. It's amazing what it swallows. I just finished hauling 27 fully loaded 18 gallon totes in one load. I'm sure I was pushing the hauling weight capacity but it worked perfectly. When it's empty it rides like a washboard but it hauls cargo with the best. I've had zero mechanical problems and the divers side is comfortable for a full day's work. I've overloaded it and driven it for 10 hours on the interstate and it did well. It's not great on the interstate in high winds but again it's really designed for around town.

Cargo space geometry, ease of loading and unloading, low deck height and pass through rear doors. Tie downs (needs more though) and price.

Number one is it needs more tie downs. It only has two in the rear of the cargo area. It needs at least two up front but I'd love to have it come standard with six. The speakers are crap. I listen to it all day and would like better sound. Passenger seat really needs a passenger side arm rest. I get this complaint constantly when people ride with me.

can't understand possitive reviews
By hatethislemon

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this for a little over a year.
The body of this van has started shaking at 45mph and faster.
Reviews from Europe say this is caused by the drive shaft or the CV.
I've had it into Bay State Ford, South Easton, Ma, and they claim that it isn't shaking.
Ford Motor Co. says the mechanic is an expert and if they say it doesn't shake then it doesn't shake.
If I take out another Ford mechanic he is going to be holding a cup of hot coffee.

The cargo van of the future
By soundman

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have put 7000 miles in less then a month. Ride is decent, mileage is good, handling is good, reliability has bin great so far, radio & wheels dumped after one week! Needs a turbo, upgrades on interior options would be nice, bigger wheels & mirrors could be useful options. Overall a great first attempt, now let's fine tune the details, give us the options needed to brig it up to full potential!

Handling, mileage, practical & functional

Nicer interior,better sound deadening,options for both in & outside the vehicle.

Transit Connect work rig
By Lisa

We use our transit connect for work. My number 1 concern is the lack of leg room for back seat passengers. At times we need to transport more than one person to the urgent care and the lack of leg room makes it very difficult to do so. At 60 Miles an hour the RPM are 25,000, seams to high. Front seat is fairly comfortable, even on longer trips. Visibility is very good all around. Huge front panoramic front windshield easy to see pretty much everything.

Visibility, driver seat comfortable.

More room fir back seat passengers is a must.

It's a mini van
By Flo & Jayne

I find it's a perfect mini van for what I use it for, I am a disabled person in which I installed a lift back of the van I find the transit connect very comfortable in the front has all of space that I require for putting in my scooter with the lift that I had stalled in which Ford motor company helped paid part of the left . Most of my relatives and friends and family love the van. I did some minor improvements stall and fog lights and in an extra an amplifier and rear speakers and extra boost quality sound system is a perfect vehicle for my needs certainly gets great gas mileage wind I was breaking it in my girl friend and I were getting 24/33 MPG without air conditioner AC ON 23/26 Mpg

Love the design very comfortable easy to handle plenty of space for mine needs most things are very accessible and I'd love rear door folding on the side of the van.

My suggestion is to putting in an optioned six cylinder for more power or possible improving the four cylinder better performance climbing MTN. But other than that I love my transit connect