2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:
Brakes continue to be an issue
By deegers on 06/14/13 22:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just turned over 17,000 miles on my 2010 Transit. and, I just got my 4th front brake job. I am averaging between 4k--4.5k for each brake replacement. I can't believe that there are not there aren't other reviews here bringing attention to this matter. I know several other Transit owners ( we are all dog walkers), all with the same exact problem. What gives? Its a great van otherwise, perfect for the job. I would love to continue with these vans, but it doesn't make sense.

Work Van- Not very nice, I would hate it if I had paid for it!
By dalebass3 on 04/03/13 06:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wheel bearings went out at 50,000! All but one hubcap has come off. Power windows have stopped working. Driver side door does not unlock with the key fob. Fuel tank is tiny, I need to fill up every other day. Ride is so loud I can't even use the blue tooth. Overall this car has a lot of issues. It is free for me to drive so that makes up for it some, but if I had paid my own money for this I would be mad.

It's designed for work
By henrickson on 04/15/12 16:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've carried more cases of wine, beer, soda, computer equipment then I can shake a stick at. This vehicle is designed for that and excels at it. It's amazing what it swallows. I just finished hauling 27 fully loaded 18 gallon totes in one load. I'm sure I was pushing the hauling weight capacity but it worked perfectly. When it's empty it rides like a washboard but it hauls cargo with the best. I've had zero mechanical problems and the divers side is comfortable for a full day's work. I've overloaded it and driven it for 10 hours on the interstate and it did well. It's not great on the interstate in high winds but again it's really designed for around town.

can't understand possitive reviews
By hatethislemon on 12/13/11 10:55 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this for a little over a year. The body of this van has started shaking at 45mph and faster. Reviews from Europe say this is caused by the drive shaft or the CV. I've had it into Bay State Ford, South Easton, Ma, and they claim that it isn't shaking. Ford Motor Co. says the mechanic is an expert and if they say it doesn't shake then it doesn't shake. If I take out another Ford mechanic he is going to be holding a cup of hot coffee.

The cargo van of the future
By soundman on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Have put 7000 miles in less then a month. Ride is decent, mileage is good, handling is good, reliability has bin great so far, radio & wheels dumped after one week! Needs a turbo, upgrades on interior options would be nice, bigger wheels & mirrors could be useful options. Overall a great first attempt, now let's fine tune the details, give us the options needed to brig it up to full potential!

Transit Connect work rig
By Lisa on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

We use our transit connect for work. My number 1 concern is the lack of leg room for back seat passengers. At times we need to transport more than one person to the urgent care and the lack of leg room makes it very difficult to do so. At 60 Miles an hour the RPM are 25,000, seams to high. Front seat is fairly comfortable, even on longer trips. Visibility is very good all around. Huge front panoramic front windshield easy to see pretty much everything.

It's a mini van
By Flo & Jayne on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I find it's a perfect mini van for what I use it for, I am a disabled person in which I installed a lift back of the van I find the transit connect very comfortable in the front has all of space that I require for putting in my scooter with the lift that I had stalled in which Ford motor company helped paid part of the left . Most of my relatives and friends and family love the van. I did some minor improvements stall and fog lights and in an extra an amplifier and rear speakers and extra boost quality sound system is a perfect vehicle for my needs certainly gets great gas mileage wind I was breaking it in my girl friend and I were getting 24/33 MPG without air conditioner AC ON 23/26 Mpg

Nice low cost wheelchair van
By lazybum on 08/29/10 09:56 AM (PDT)

I am a physically challenge guy who uses a power w/c. Since I'm 6'2" tall I require a vehicle with a lot of headroom. My faithful 92 E-150 had a raised roof but after 16 winter road salt seasons, it was getting all rusted out underneath. Not safe anymore. New w/c vans cost $50K+. I was able to put a Bruan lift in a new Trancon for just under $30K total, and Ford sent me a rebate for $1,200. I get 23 mpg in mixed driving with the A/C on and thats what the Trancon is all about. The headroom is perfect for me. My main gripe is the rear springs are very stiff. Going over some interstate overpasses at 70 mph even with the 330 lb w/c lift in the back is brutal rough, but hay, it's a work truck.

Wear your Mouthguard
By BMW on 08/10/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love the design of these, although the ride quality could use some major improvement. The engine is capable, although takes quite a while to get it to Freeway speed. With the air conditioning on it really saps the power too. I have been dropping it out of overdrive to gain more power with the A/C on. The transmission seems quite capable and makes up for some of the little engines deficiency. After driving the TC for 5 months I have come to really dislike the suspension qualities. Every tar strip and bump is felt. It smooths out a little at freeway speeds, but at slower speeds, there are noticeable rattles and squeals. Ford needs to get with Bilstein shocks for some suspension refinement.

An excellent choice
By durak.joan on 07/28/10 06:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this van in Europe I am glad that it is now available in the US. I use is as my personal vehicle not for any business. A truly utilitarian vehicle that combines all the good road manners, efficiency and fuel economy - this IS a true SUV - not the huge "living rooms on wheels" that call themselves SUVs. Power is very adequate, handling is great and the interior room is much larger than many full-size SUVs or trucks. Parking is just as good - fits easily where a mid-size car would. Turning radius is fantastic nice and the van turns on a dime. Seats are very comfortable for the long haul. All in all a very nice vehicle indeed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.