Used 2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Looks good, performs bad
By Betsy

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have had brake issues from day 1. First set had to be replaced at 8000 miles. Dealer said it was "normal wear" not covered under warranty. Second day we had van a hubcap flew off while travelling on the highway at 65 mph. Dealer said that it was our fault and that without the hubcap there was no evidence that it was defective and that it is not covered under warranty. Side sliding doors constantly go out of alignment and require tightening of set bolt. Dealer over torqued bolt and door wont shut correctly now, not covered under warranty. Plastic adjustment handle for driver's seat broke off in my hand at about 10,000 miles, Ford dealer said not covered under warranty. Original tires had to be replaced at 25,000 miles, not covered under warranty. TPMS light wont go off. Dealer tried to reset using procedure in owners manual and it didn't work. Said they "weren't real good with these import Fords" and that it was probably due to "abuse" and not covered under warranty. At 69,250 miles suffered brake failure that caused serious rear end collision that injured passenger. Pedal fully depressed, no skid marks while traveling at 45 mph. Van undriveable. Looking to replace it with anything but a Ford now.

Brakes continue to be an issue
By deegers

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just turned over 17,000 miles on my 2010 Transit. and, I just got my 4th front brake job. I am averaging between 4k--4.5k for each brake replacement. I can't believe that there are not there aren't other reviews here bringing attention to this matter. I know several other Transit owners ( we are all dog walkers), all with the same exact problem. What gives? Its a great van otherwise, perfect for the job. I would love to continue with these vans, but it doesn't make sense.

Work Van- Not very nice, I would hate it if I had paid for it!
By dalebass3

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wheel bearings went out at 50,000! All but one hubcap has come off. Power windows have stopped working. Driver side door does not unlock with the key fob. Fuel tank is tiny, I need to fill up every other day. Ride is so loud I can't even use the blue tooth. Overall this car has a lot of issues. It is free for me to drive so that makes up for it some, but if I had paid my own money for this I would be mad.

Larger fuel tank. Improve ride. Make more reliable.

It's designed for work
By henrickson

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've carried more cases of wine, beer, soda, computer equipment then I can shake a stick at. This vehicle is designed for that and excels at it. It's amazing what it swallows. I just finished hauling 27 fully loaded 18 gallon totes in one load. I'm sure I was pushing the hauling weight capacity but it worked perfectly. When it's empty it rides like a washboard but it hauls cargo with the best. I've had zero mechanical problems and the divers side is comfortable for a full day's work. I've overloaded it and driven it for 10 hours on the interstate and it did well. It's not great on the interstate in high winds but again it's really designed for around town.

Cargo space geometry, ease of loading and unloading, low deck height and pass through rear doors. Tie downs (needs more though) and price.

Number one is it needs more tie downs. It only has two in the rear of the cargo area. It needs at least two up front but I'd love to have it come standard with six. The speakers are crap. I listen to it all day and would like better sound. Passenger seat really needs a passenger side arm rest. I get this complaint constantly when people ride with me.

can't understand possitive reviews
By hatethislemon

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this for a little over a year. The body of this van has started shaking at 45mph and faster. Reviews from Europe say this is caused by the drive shaft or the CV. I've had it into Bay State Ford, South Easton, Ma, and they claim that it isn't shaking. Ford Motor Co. says the mechanic is an expert and if they say it doesn't shake then it doesn't shake. If I take out another Ford mechanic he is going to be holding a cup of hot coffee.