Used 2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan

View reviews for a specific Transit Connect model:

Sprinter on a budget
By Paul Mann

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First a little background. I own a small chain of bookstores and at least 50% of the 196,000 miles on this vehicle were spent loaded with books. I typically carry 1,000 pounds, but have gone up to 2,650 pounds (plus driver). It's not fast, it's not sexy, but it's a very economical workhorse. Since new, the Transit Connect has averaged just a bit shy of 28 mpg. On the highway, it typically yields 31 mpg. Note: fully loaded, I tend to keep things going at about 65 mph. The vehicle has no problems maintaining a higher speed, but the road/engine noise does get daunting.

If you're concerned about reliability, don't be. This cargo van just doesn't break. Other than regular, synthetic oil changes, maintenance has been almost nil. The transmission was serviced at 195,000 - mostly because I felt guilty about neglecting my reliable partner. At the same time, the coolant was swapped out. Oh, and the plugs were changed at 100,000 miles.

That's it. Nothing has fallen off, broken or failed to work. If this one ever gets stolen, I will happily buy another one.

Good vehicle
By Bob holmes

Good just need more room for business

Looks good, performs bad
By Betsy

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have had brake issues from day 1. First set had to be replaced at 8000 miles. Dealer said it was "normal wear" not covered under warranty. Second day we had van a hubcap flew off while travelling on the highway at 65 mph. Dealer said that it was our fault and that without the hubcap there was no evidence that it was defective and that it is not covered under warranty. Side sliding doors constantly go out of alignment and require tightening of set bolt. Dealer over torqued bolt and door wont shut correctly now, not covered under warranty. Plastic adjustment handle for driver's seat broke off in my hand at about 10,000 miles, Ford dealer said not covered under warranty. Original tires had to be replaced at 25,000 miles, not covered under warranty. TPMS light wont go off. Dealer tried to reset using procedure in owners manual and it didn't work. Said they "weren't real good with these import Fords" and that it was probably due to "abuse" and not covered under warranty. At 69,250 miles suffered brake failure that caused serious rear end collision that injured passenger. Pedal fully depressed, no skid marks while traveling at 45 mph. Van undriveable. Looking to replace it with anything but a Ford now.

Brakes continue to be an issue
By deegers

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just turned over 17,000 miles on my 2010 Transit. and, I just got my 4th front brake job. I am averaging between 4k--4.5k for each brake replacement. I can't believe that there are not there aren't other reviews here bringing attention to this matter. I know several other Transit owners ( we are all dog walkers), all with the same exact problem. What gives? Its a great van otherwise, perfect for the job. I would love to continue with these vans, but it doesn't make sense.

Work Van- Not very nice, I would hate it if I had paid for it!
By dalebass3

2010 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Wheel bearings went out at 50,000!
All but one hubcap has come off.
Power windows have stopped working.
Driver side door does not unlock with the key fob.
Fuel tank is tiny, I need to fill up every other day.
Ride is so loud I can't even use the blue tooth.

Overall this car has a lot of issues.
It is free for me to drive so that makes up for it some, but if I had paid my own money for this I would be mad.

Larger fuel tank. Improve ride. Make more reliable.