2010 Ford Transit Connect 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
An excellent choice
By durak.joan

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this van in Europe I am glad that it is now available in the US. I use is as my personal vehicle not for any business. A truly utilitarian vehicle that combines all the good road manners, efficiency and fuel economy - this IS a true SUV - not the huge "living rooms on wheels" that call themselves SUVs. Power is very adequate, handling is great and the interior room is much larger than many full-size SUVs or trucks. Parking is just as good - fits easily where a mid-size car would. Turning radius is fantastic nice and the van turns on a dime. Seats are very comfortable for the long haul. All in all a very nice vehicle indeed.

Favorite Features

Lots of room for everything, comfortable seats, easy access to everything through wide sliding doors and great handling, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps the only improvement would be a turbo-diesel engine or an Eco Boost gasoline engine to add a couple of more HP.

Connect to Travel
By moknows

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This wagon not only holds the grandkids, but all of the toys too. Built a box in the back to hold camping/travel gear. We can fold down rear seats and set up air mattress for unscheduled sleepovers.

Favorite Features

Love the head room in the back, storage area in front and the 40/60 split seats that fold two ways.

Suggested Improvements

Side sliding doors need working windows. Rear door stabilizers that hold the door open when it is fully extended, the slightest breeze will slam them shut. Another foot in length would be great,

Finally...
By Kevin

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After trying a Nissan Pathfinder, a Ford Expedition, and a Chrysler Pacifica for my calibration business, I finally found THE right vehicle. No desire for a mini/full size van. I spend over 40 weeks on the road annually. I call this my money bus, or my toaster (mine is RED). No problems at 15,000 miles. Love the Bluetooth. I fabricated a full-length shelf about 15" below the roofline. Would rather have purchased the same custom made. I also installed a side-mounted shelf unit custom from Adrian Steel. Stereo upgrade a must. Traction Control is impressive. 25-28 mpg highway. Power is adequate, handling/maneuverability is a dream. I'd love to pimp this one out! Rear seats a snap to remove.

Favorite Features

Loading/unloading ease. Economy. Maneuverability. Bluetooth. Head- turner! Pack it wide and the side doors still close with ease.

Suggested Improvements

More shelving options to maximize space. Class 1 receiver hitch would be nice (too tall for a roof bike rack). Premium stereo. Factory aluminum wheels. Turbo/ecoboost? Extended cab 10- 15 inches.

focusish
By butugly

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great multi purpose vehicle. Perfect for the streets of Boston, parks like a sub compact car. Very happy with handling, was expecting worse. Have had 5 200 lbs. men on a half hour drive without complaints. Soon to go on a 1500 mile golf trip with 3 men.

Favorite Features

Roof rack threaded mounting points, though they could have spaced them further apart. Very small turning radius, easy parking, U turns, etc. Seat folds out of the way. Cavernous interior.

Suggested Improvements

This van needs a diesel, why does Europe get all the good stuff? Cup holders are terrible. Only 2 and not easy to get at. I made two out of 3" pvc pipe. painted them flat black and siliconed them on the dash. illuminated cruise control would be nice. 6 roof rack mounts

Could be a bit longer...(thats what she
By Great hauler

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it for about two months now and it works well for what i need it for. Cargo could be a bit longer for sheet goods but i installed a roof rack and that will suffice. took it on a 1000 mile road trip through the hills of NC loaded and it did just as i thought it would at 27mpg. I like the 1 hour feature on the radio and I'm getting used to the blue tooth. Stereo will be upgraded - speakers/amp. And i can't wait to do some decals. Swallows a whole bunch of stuff and is a decent ride for the money, front glass is great too.

Favorite Features

storage space, interior height, steering column stereo controls, front view, turning radius,

Suggested Improvements

totally reclining seats, more tie downs in cargo area, rear door/fuel door unlock from dash, removable rear seats, longer cargo area, sport options?

Professional Appeal
By Raymond L. Prevost

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the vehicle about 6 weeks now, and I am very satisfied with the preformance it has given me in this time. The vehicle is used in funeral service, and it accomidates the need for what it was purchased for. The vehicle has a very professional look to it and it seems to get alot of attention by alot of people. I have of course a black vehicle with glass on the sides and rear doors. I have recently used the vehicle on a long over the road trip ( 10 Hours ) and the ride was "OK", I did not come out of the car with soar legs or a soar back, I must say it was comfortable.

Favorite Features

the shape is "cool". and I really like that the both side doors slide. and the rear doors may open extra wide if necessary.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestios to the design of this vehicle. Of course for the purposes of my use, being funeral service, I would like to see future designs of the Transit Connect to be a bit longer in the cargo area. By at least 6 inches, that would make the vehicle much more useful for my need for spacce.

Good for most
By kdriver

2010 Ford Transit Connect Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have for one month. Good mileage, fun to drive and gets looked at everywhere I go. Needs more options for non commercial owners, like lifts and tie downs for handicapped persons, ramps that fold into and out of truck. More storage for driver and more in back.

Favorite Features

Size good for parking in city. Not so good for freeway. Overhead storage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Better and bigger console between seats.