Sweet Ride - Poor Marketing
By Mojohio on
2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
This car is my dream car. It has wonderful handling and great style.The acceleration is excellent; it's not neck snapping, but it is very strong. This was not designed as a dragster, but as a cruiser and it serves that purpose to perfection. Ford dealers did themselves a disservice by adding the "dealers premium" charge to the sticker price and Ford didn't help by delaying the availability as long as they did when they were introduced. The T-bird did not meet sales expectations due to those reasons plus a virtually non-existent ad campaign. I bought mine in July,'04; it's an '03 that languished on the lot for a year. I bought it new for $9500 UNDER sticker. I could not be happier with the auto.
Favorite Features
The ease of lowering and raising the top, eye appeal, acceleration, and the general quality of the auto. Also I don't expect it to depreciate in value like most autos.
Suggested Improvements
As this is the last year of the auto, no improvements can be made. A chrome strip of some sort on the sides to protect against parking lot dings would have been the only improvement I could have offered.