Drive It Like You Stole It!
By Fearless in Cashmere on
2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
I have always loved the Classic Birds. I used to help my brother Jeff restore them when we were growing up. So when the Retro Birds came out, I had to get one. I waited until the last year & got my 2005 50th Anniversary Thunderbird "Cashmere" Edition #884/1500. This is a very solid car!I trust this car impicitly, having driven it cross-country twice and drive it daily. Still have had NO problems -except a little COP issue (not police officers!), & that's why I gave "Build Quality" a 9. But beyond that, eveything works very well. I got a solid 22mpg city/hwy mix but since I put on a K&N cold air intake I'm up around 24+ even with my driving. I hope you enjoy driving one as much as I do! Peace!
Favorite Features
I love the fact that the sound system automatically changes its scheme depending on whether the top is down, driver only, driver/passenger. Very nice. I love the memory steering wheel too. (It freaked me out a little though when I got in the car the first time...). I also like Randy Perry in Service
Suggested Improvements
I'd have liked to seen the "Retro Birds" to have the swing out steering wheel along with the turn out drivers seat. It would be a great option - especially after a long drive! Pluse, I think it would add so me elegance to it. You know, "Form meeting Function"? And improve inside glare on dash panel.