Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

50th on my 50th B-Day!
By Jerry

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I was a kid growing up in the Detroit Suburbs & going to the Ford Employees summer Day camps at the Ford Rouge & assembly plants, Greenfield Village and the Ford Test Track; seeing those cool convertible T-bird of the late 50's and early 60's at the Ford Rotunda Building (burnt down in mid 60's), did I want my own Ford Thunderbird Convertible. And although I have owned over 25 Ford, Mercury or Lincoln cars since my first Pinto at age 16 have I finally got my wish. On my 50th Birthday, I drove down to the nearest Ford Dealer that had the Gold 50th Anniversary T-Bird and I bought it!

Luxury Convertible with Lincoln LS drive feel!

Bluetooth system.

My Car "The T-Bird"
By Richard L. Trythall

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Performance is a great feeling; car responds well. Good handling & sensitive steering. Could be quicker through the gears. Seating a little stiff for long trips or a few hours of steady driving. Limited visibility when hardtop is on - tough to back up safely, as port holes don't help much. Great with the top down, or hardtop off. Car needs some kind of protection on the sides for parking purposes if you don't want dents or scratches. Seat belt arrangement could be better. Don't like boot cover for behind the seat. Car turns a lot of heads & gets many neat remarks. A fun car to own & drive.

Removal of hardtop, styling is good, doesn't look like every other car.

Would like to see better arrangement for top down mode. Also noticed when washing car, door jams, trunk area, & under hood get too much water, must wipe up or get into a possible rust condition later. Add more chrome as standard, hood scoop.

nice car
By tlfmd

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Eye catching, smooth and truly a style show. Trunk is a obligation, not a storage compartment, as the tonneau cover fills it up. Consider where you're gonna store the top in the summer

Style.

A tape machine, mute for phone axillary functions of the radio, and a bigger trunk without a style change would have been good.

Fun in the Sun!
By Mark

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

True driving pleasure! And WOW what a head turner. I haven't had this much fun with a car since my 1970 MG Midget.

Styling. Powerful V8 engine. Responsive transmission.

Ingress/egress difficult with top up (but hey, why would you want the top up anyway?)

Excellent ride
By skmarin

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this T-Bird since October and just love the ride. Now that the weather is better (California) I have the top down most of the time. It has great pickup for that merge into highway traffic. The comfort is unbeatable. I have never owned a Ford and I am very impressed with the overall performance of this vehicle. Consider me SOLD.

The body style, color and interior design. A perfect coupe with plenty of room.

If possible, better gas mileage, especially with the prices of gas today.