2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Wiley's Bird
By Mr. C's Bird on 03/30/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is fun to drive anywhere, whether it be in town or out in the country. People on the street or in cars next to it are always giving it a thumbs up and it fits in, in any circle. The trim inside and out might be a little subdued for some, but that is what the retro look is all about isn't it? A couple of my friends have BMW Z3 and a 3 series convertible and they are nice too, but they weren't made to bring back that nostalgic feeling of old.

Love my Bird
By Bernie on 03/25/05 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

What a fun car. It's an eye catcher. It's my eighth Thunderbird and I think it's the best of all.

My Beautiful T-Bird
By Kimberley on 03/22/05 17:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Hello! I purchased my dream car last June. It is beautiful! My T-Bird is Torch Red with the black soft top and a matching Torch Red hard top. The interior is black with leather seats accented with the red. This car is awesome to drive and gets tons of attention no matter where I drive it. Best of all it offers the performance of a sports car and tons of fun. This is the best driving experience of my life. I love to drive it, day or night. And for the brisk spring and fall nights, those heated seats deliver the warmth to keep driving topless. I LOVE my Thunderbird! I highly recommend it!

The best car I've ever owned
By JACK MELVIN on 03/14/05 22:04 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

If you like the ride of a larger car and the fun of a convertible, this is the car for you. Every detail of fit and finish has exceeded my expectations. I have driven this car approximately 3,000 miles and with every mile I like it more. I cannot think of anything else that I have purchased recently that I can say that about. The engine performance is more than adequate. The handling is unbelieveable; the car is so flat in the curves, no diving. The braking is superb. The acceleration is surprising. To put this car in perspective, I drove several other cars in the weeks leading up to this decision. The difference was so night and day against any other car that I drove, including an S-2000, MX-5, Z-4,

Best T-bird ever!
By MacLeod on 02/19/05 15:01 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've had four Thunderbirds before this; an old '57 I bought used, an '84 Elan, an '88 Turbo Coupe, a '90 Super Coupe. I liked them all a lot, but the '05 is the best ever.

Love My Bird
By Bil Keane on 02/19/05 10:59 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I remember well the original T-Bird. At the time, I couldn't afford one, and by the time I could, it was upsized, downsized and removed from the market altogether. While not a true sports car, it is sporty enough for most conservative adults. It handles well on the road and is much quieter than you would expect from a convertible. On the downside, it's not the best car for folks over 6' with the soft top. There is however plenty of headroom with the optional hard top. Definitely a head turner. If you don't like people constantly asking you about your car, you better not get one.

Fun BUT
By Hammock on 02/04/05 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in 2000 VW Cabrio which rode and handled better than the Bird BUT this thing turns heads all the time. Vintage Mint Green and all options. Fast enough but would like retro exhaust sound so will have that installed I think. List, $41,795 purchased new $31,990. For what it is, boulevard cruiser, it is about as good as you can get. Would like radio to increase volume with speed like many now do. Trunk just holds 2 golf bags. A really super nice cruiser.

Bird up
By Dan on 01/22/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Calm, cool, and collected. That's the way this car rides. Not loud or proud, just right. I have the all black and when the sun is out, there is nothing more fun than this car.

Great Driving Adventure
By Pat on 01/05/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is the closest thing to a 1950's Thunderbird that is possible, but with the latest in auto technology. It is fun to drive, classic in looks, and elegant in detail. I recently drove a new Jag and it does not even compare to the new Thunderbird. I do not hesitate when I say that I would recommend it to anyone that wants a sporting opinion. By the way, I am 62 years old and love the power.

MY FIRST THUNDERBIRD
By DAN FISCHER on 01/01/05 11:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

AS STATED, IT IS FUN TO DRIVE AND BE SEEN IN. ALTHOUGH TRUNK SPACE IS LIMITED, CAREFUL PACKING OF CLOTHES FOR TRIPS CAN EASILY BE ACCOMODATED. BECAUSE MY WIFE AND I ARE SENIOR CITIZENS, THE RETRO INTERIOR STYLING BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF MORE GRACIOUS LIVING. WE THINK THE TURQOISE INSTRUMENT NEEDLES ETC. ARE WONDERFUL. SO FAR WE NOT ONLY LOVE THIS CAR BUT THOSE WHO SEE IT ARE VERY VERY COMPLIMENTARY ABOUT THE COLOR (MERLOT W/TAN SOFT TOP)AND THE STYLING.,