Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Nice Care with some design flaws
By Dave

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Car! I love to drive it. Chose it over a Z-4. Large doors for easy access but become problems when parked in garage or parking lot. Interior plastic could be much better quality. Bottle holders on arm rest really get in the way. Performance is exceptional and will leave everything on the road behind. Golf clubs fit in trunk. Sound system is outstanding. Dealership was excellent, especially pricing. Options needed include day/night automatic mirrors and heated outside mirrors. If I had to do it over, would probably buy the BMW 3 Series convertible.

Favorite Features

Appearance and power.

Suggested Improvements

Major upgrade on interior quality. Relocation of cup/bottle holders. Automatic day/night mirrors.

TBird - Best Performance Value
By RobTBird

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Have had great fun with the TBird. Everywhere I go people comment how nice it looks - from parking garage attendants to people walking on the street. Distinctive, rare look. Fast convertible top raising or lowering. High performance V-8, 390 HP, for low $30's. Can't beat the performance & price

Favorite Features

Horsepower, price, ease of use of convertible top

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a bit more comfortable.

T-BIRD
By ART VAN DELAY

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, they did this right. This car is tight. Well appointed, I love this car. I've had over 50 automobiles. Had 66 Corvette, 56 T-bird; they were great. This car is simply fun, and a good buy. Used they're relatively cheap, will only go up in value over the years. How many cars can you say that about?

Favorite Features

Cabin is too cool, I love driving this car. Top down California, oh yeah! This car is definitely where the rubber meets the road!

Suggested Improvements

Seating a little rigid, but not uncomfortable. Not for big people, sorry folks.

A fun car
By Steven

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my T-bird last month, after thinking about it for several years now. It's a fun car to drive, gets a lot of attention on the road. Handling is great, as is acceleration.

Favorite Features

Power everything. Handling is superb. By far the funnest car I've ever owed.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space could be a bit larger. The hardtop is difficult to handle. Car is a bit thirsty as far as fuel.

Red T-Bird
By Kurt

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my T-Bird. I put 5,000 miles on it in the first 3 months. The ride can be a little soft at times, but it corners like a dream. Plenty of horsepower. I traded in my '02 Mustang GT for the T-Bird and there is no comparison. The T-bird has a better ride, is more fun to drive, and gets 10 times more looks and comments. Also, the waves from other T-Bird owners is nice.

Favorite Features

SelectShift transmission with the V8. Hardtop & softtop both in one package. The fun to drive spirit of the -Bird.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats and mirrors. Deeper trunk. Air conditioned seats (My wife's Lincoln LSV8 has them and they are great on a hot day).