Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

TBird - Best Performance Value
By RobTBird

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Have had great fun with the TBird. Everywhere I go people comment how nice it looks - from parking garage attendants to people walking on the street. Distinctive, rare look. Fast convertible top raising or lowering. High performance V-8, 390 HP, for low $30's. Can't beat the performance & price

Horsepower, price, ease of use of convertible top

Seats could be a bit more comfortable.

T-BIRD
By ART VAN DELAY

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, they did this right. This car is tight. Well appointed, I love this car. I've had over 50 automobiles. Had 66 Corvette, 56 T-bird; they were great. This car is simply fun, and a good buy. Used they're relatively cheap, will only go up in value over the years. How many cars can you say that about?

Cabin is too cool, I love driving this car. Top down California, oh yeah! This car is definitely where the rubber meets the road!

Seating a little rigid, but not uncomfortable. Not for big people, sorry folks.

A fun car
By Steven

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my T-bird last month, after thinking about it for several years now. It's a fun car to drive, gets a lot of attention on the road. Handling is great, as is acceleration.

Power everything. Handling is superb. By far the funnest car I've ever owed.

Trunk space could be a bit larger. The hardtop is difficult to handle. Car is a bit thirsty as far as fuel.

Red T-Bird
By Kurt

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my T-Bird. I put 5,000 miles on it in the first 3 months. The ride can be a little soft at times, but it corners like a dream. Plenty of horsepower. I traded in my '02 Mustang GT for the T-Bird and there is no comparison. The T-bird has a better ride, is more fun to drive, and gets 10 times more looks and comments. Also, the waves from other T-Bird owners is nice.

SelectShift transmission with the V8. Hardtop & softtop both in one package. The fun to drive spirit of the -Bird.

Memory seats and mirrors. Deeper trunk. Air conditioned seats (My wife's Lincoln LSV8 has them and they are great on a hot day).

Ford's step child
By DrtiBird

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I bought an '02 Thunderbird, but when I found out that '05 would be the last year it will be offered I traded my '02 for the newer. I think this car would have been a really big seller if Ford had just promoted it half as much as the Mustang!

Removable hard top. Retro styling. Peppy V8 engine.

Maybe offer a manual transmission, but then my wife wouldn't let me get one of those! Actually the car is pretty impressive right out of the box.