Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

I love this car
By ED Weiner

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Leased this car in Florida in February and have had fun with it since. Great top down car. Drove up to NH in May and got more clothing into trunk than I thought that we could. Also used the top well for soft clothing on the long trip. Have had the car in for service only for the 5000 mile oil change. The car has great fit and smooth ride. On long trips I have been averaging 24 miles to the gallon. City about 18mpg which I think is good for a large 8 cylinder. Excellent quality all the way.

Comfort. Ease of driving. The power and responsiveness of the car. Best of all driving with the top down.

Add memory seats. My wife and I both drive the car and have to readjust the seat when we change drivers.

2005 T-BIRD CONVERTIBLE WITH HARD TOP
By judy

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy returning to my car and finding it surrounded by people admiring it or getting a thumbs up while on the highway. The car is a pleasure to drive; a lot of power and control. The interior is quiet and luxurious.

Individual controls for heat and air conditioning. The retracting memory steering wheel.

Love My Bird!
By sivyaleah

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I'm no expert by any means, but all I know is each time I look at our car, I love it even more! It drives pretty well, feels great at high speeds, has been reliable too. Looks great and that's the most important reason we bought it. We have the merlot, with merlot soft top, black interior. Car gets a lot of comments - many people think it's vintage at first glance.

Convertible of course. Beautiful paint job, opera windows.

A bigger trunk - it is very small for road trips. Can't fit much into it.

Best Sports Car
By Taylor

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great style and comfort, fun to drive. I'm really enjoying owning it - insurance not too expensive for vehicle type. GREAT summer car!

Too bad they're not making them anymore - a hybrid would be a good idea.

I bought a Ford?
By Jason

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved this car before it ever hit the dealership. I knew I would have one myself someday and now that day has come. I love the way heads turn and people ask 'What is that car?'. As i always have had a sport luxury coupe, I do miss that luxury ride though. A lot of that has to do with the many manhole covers and poor roads in Idaho. I plan on keeping this car to pass down to my niece (10 yrs old now), for she thinks it will be hers to drive once receiving her driver's license. That all remains to be seen. But I must say I love this car. I love many others as well, but knowing of Thunderbird's demise, I just had to have one of the last, so I bought an 04' with everything.

My favs are the looks and the feeling I get when I pull out of the garage, touch the gas pedal and feel that strong and powerful V8.

Ford still has a long way, as well as all of the Big 3, to make the fit and finish both, interior and exterior, as Honda and Toyota, let alone the German carmakers. I really could have gotten a bigger bang for my bucks with Toyota or Lexus, but Thunderbird, not Ford, has my heart.