2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Thunderbird - Great Idea, Poor Ford Planning
By frank on 05/07/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Thunderbird. The exterior design is a eye stopper and it's fun to drive, both with the hard top and the top down. Great performance; holds the road well. Too bad Ford was cheap on the options for the price they ask. The Corvette offers a lot more options for the price. If Ford really wants to sell high end cars they need to add quality style and options on the car.

I finally own a Thunderbitd!
By Cuban medio tiempo on 05/01/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love its look and handling. Fun to drive and own. A sports car and yet affordable.

What goes bumpity-bump in the dark?
By a. sandor on 04/16/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My Thunderbird is small for comfort in long trips (over two hours!). No space behind front seats, no trunk room. Bad design for rain. Drips inside if window is slightly open. Blind spot both sides. Cheaply done interior. Car has zip, is reliable, but would not purchase another one.

Thunderbirds are great to drive
By pat noon on 04/16/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my wife this car for our 35th wedding anniversary. We both really enjoy the ride and the style. It brings back a lot of memories about the 1950's T-birds. I really have had no problems with the car.

Thunderbird 2004 - Head turner
By Robert Snow on 04/16/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My Thunderbird will be a year old next month and I have really enjoyed this automobile. The top is easy to remove and comes with a storage rack that is also easy to move around and keep out of the way. I had been with MB's for the past 12 years, including an SLK, which was a complete nightmare. I find Ford's quality and workmanship with this auto excellent. I wish they had offered a hybrid model, with gasoline reaching these high levels. However, as an owner, I love driving my TB around and about.

Fantastic TB
By Neil on 04/16/05 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Our Thunderbird convertible is so much fun to ride around in. It is a head turning, fantastic ride. If I had to do it over again, I would purchase the same car. My husband and I have a lot of fun driving around town and to the coast. We are trying to figure out how we can carry it with us when we begin full time camping. We will find the answer to this problem as the car will go with us.

Fun from the past!
By LambertDDS on 04/12/05 21:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great design for a sports car. Wonderful to drive, driving out of the past and back to the future. I have always wanted a vintage Tbird now I have that car with today's features.

Limited Edition 2005 T-bird
By Bill D on 04/04/05 21:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. The limited edition medal flake paint job is stunning in the sunlight. Surprisingly quiet with the top down. Even at highway speeds a normal conversation is possible. This vehicle has more than enough power and handling through hills and curves never disappoints. Now that this is the last year of production I am tempted to buy a second one while they still are available.

Extraordinary Vehicle
By D Hutcherson on 03/31/05 00:20 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this extraordinary vehicle for two reasons. The first; beauty (this is a beautiful car). Second; speed (you can't go wrong with 280 H.P.).

I LOVE MY TBIRD
By mayra V. Perez on 03/30/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It is a fun car to drive and if you are a people person you will love it. I must meet about four people a week that want to talk about the car! I love the way it drives and handles smooth.