2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
My Car "The T-Bird"
By Richard L. Trythall on 06/01/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Performance is a great feeling; car responds well. Good handling & sensitive steering. Could be quicker through the gears. Seating a little stiff for long trips or a few hours of steady driving. Limited visibility when hardtop is on - tough to back up safely, as port holes don't help much. Great with the top down, or hardtop off. Car needs some kind of protection on the sides for parking purposes if you don't want dents or scratches. Seat belt arrangement could be better. Don't like boot cover for behind the seat. Car turns a lot of heads & gets many neat remarks. A fun car to own & drive.

nice car
By tlfmd on 05/31/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Eye catching, smooth and truly a style show. Trunk is a obligation, not a storage compartment, as the tonneau cover fills it up. Consider where you're gonna store the top in the summer

Fun in the Sun!
By Mark on 05/18/05 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

True driving pleasure! And WOW what a head turner. I haven't had this much fun with a car since my 1970 MG Midget.

Excellent ride
By skmarin on 05/12/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this T-Bird since October and just love the ride. Now that the weather is better (California) I have the top down most of the time. It has great pickup for that merge into highway traffic. The comfort is unbeatable. I have never owned a Ford and I am very impressed with the overall performance of this vehicle. Consider me SOLD.

Thunderbird - Great Idea, Poor Ford Planning
By frank on 05/07/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Thunderbird. The exterior design is a eye stopper and it's fun to drive, both with the hard top and the top down. Great performance; holds the road well. Too bad Ford was cheap on the options for the price they ask. The Corvette offers a lot more options for the price. If Ford really wants to sell high end cars they need to add quality style and options on the car.

What goes bumpity-bump in the dark?
By a. sandor on 04/16/05 23:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My Thunderbird is small for comfort in long trips (over two hours!). No space behind front seats, no trunk room. Bad design for rain. Drips inside if window is slightly open. Blind spot both sides. Cheaply done interior. Car has zip, is reliable, but would not purchase another one.

Thunderbirds are great to drive
By pat noon on 04/16/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my wife this car for our 35th wedding anniversary. We both really enjoy the ride and the style. It brings back a lot of memories about the 1950's T-birds. I really have had no problems with the car.

Thunderbird 2004 - Head turner
By Robert Snow on 04/16/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My Thunderbird will be a year old next month and I have really enjoyed this automobile. The top is easy to remove and comes with a storage rack that is also easy to move around and keep out of the way. I had been with MB's for the past 12 years, including an SLK, which was a complete nightmare. I find Ford's quality and workmanship with this auto excellent. I wish they had offered a hybrid model, with gasoline reaching these high levels. However, as an owner, I love driving my TB around and about.

Fun from the past!
By LambertDDS on 04/12/05 21:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great design for a sports car. Wonderful to drive, driving out of the past and back to the future. I have always wanted a vintage Tbird now I have that car with today's features.

Limited Edition 2005 T-bird
By Bill D on 04/04/05 21:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. The limited edition medal flake paint job is stunning in the sunlight. Surprisingly quiet with the top down. Even at highway speeds a normal conversation is possible. This vehicle has more than enough power and handling through hills and curves never disappoints. Now that this is the last year of production I am tempted to buy a second one while they still are available.