Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Love My Bird!
By sivyaleah

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I'm no expert by any means, but all I know is each time I look at our car, I love it even more! It drives pretty well, feels great at high speeds, has been reliable too. Looks great and that's the most important reason we bought it. We have the merlot, with merlot soft top, black interior. Car gets a lot of comments - many people think it's vintage at first glance.

Favorite Features

Convertible of course. Beautiful paint job, opera windows.

Suggested Improvements

A bigger trunk - it is very small for road trips. Can't fit much into it.

Best Sports Car
By Taylor

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great style and comfort, fun to drive. I'm really enjoying owning it - insurance not too expensive for vehicle type. GREAT summer car!

Suggested Improvements

Too bad they're not making them anymore - a hybrid would be a good idea.

I bought a Ford?
By Jason

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved this car before it ever hit the dealership. I knew I would have one myself someday and now that day has come. I love the way heads turn and people ask 'What is that car?'. As i always have had a sport luxury coupe, I do miss that luxury ride though. A lot of that has to do with the many manhole covers and poor roads in Idaho. I plan on keeping this car to pass down to my niece (10 yrs old now), for she thinks it will be hers to drive once receiving her driver's license. That all remains to be seen. But I must say I love this car. I love many others as well, but knowing of Thunderbird's demise, I just had to have one of the last, so I bought an 04' with everything.

Favorite Features

My favs are the looks and the feeling I get when I pull out of the garage, touch the gas pedal and feel that strong and powerful V8.

Suggested Improvements

Ford still has a long way, as well as all of the Big 3, to make the fit and finish both, interior and exterior, as Honda and Toyota, let alone the German carmakers. I really could have gotten a bigger bang for my bucks with Toyota or Lexus, but Thunderbird, not Ford, has my heart.

nice choice
By RON

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having come out of an Audi TT I was at first disappointed in the workmanship, especially interior quality. It has stood up very well however and it seems to have lost its chintz factor as I got used to it; strange.

Favorite Features

The view over the hood, scoop and fenders. I agree with one comment on a 50's Ferrari look to the front end.

Suggested Improvements

Dimming mirrors, back up warning sensors, and cooled seats.

Nice Care with some design flaws
By Dave

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Car! I love to drive it. Chose it over a Z-4. Large doors for easy access but become problems when parked in garage or parking lot. Interior plastic could be much better quality. Bottle holders on arm rest really get in the way. Performance is exceptional and will leave everything on the road behind. Golf clubs fit in trunk. Sound system is outstanding. Dealership was excellent, especially pricing. Options needed include day/night automatic mirrors and heated outside mirrors. If I had to do it over, would probably buy the BMW 3 Series convertible.

Favorite Features

Appearance and power.

Suggested Improvements

Major upgrade on interior quality. Relocation of cup/bottle holders. Automatic day/night mirrors.