2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Ford's step child
By DrtiBird on 06/10/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I bought an '02 Thunderbird, but when I found out that '05 would be the last year it will be offered I traded my '02 for the newer. I think this car would have been a really big seller if Ford had just promoted it half as much as the Mustang!

Shelley's thoughts
By shelley Klaner on 06/10/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ii used to own a Mercedes and said I would never own a Ford after bad experiences with a Mustang in the 1970s. I absolutely love this car. It handles better than my Mercedes, is solid, comfortable and the car actually makes me feel good. The only negative I have found is that it is hard to park because it is wide and it is hard to visualize the sides and the depth when parking. But besides that it was a great choice.

Bondo
By Bill Bond on 06/10/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great looking car, real head turner. Too bad the dealers got greedy when this car came out charging as much as $10,000 over sticker because of availability. Now they have marketing problem because people think they are more expensive than they actually are.

This Car Will Get You Noticed
By Ben on 06/04/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and she just loves it. It turns more heads than a Corvette. If you want attention and comfort and a quality built car then this is it. If you want to carry groceries or kids then this car isn't for you. The car style is not overly aggressive or cheap and I believe it will stand the test of time in style. All the ladies in her group love it. My wife has finally got the "Car Craze" bug because of this T-Bird. It's cheaper than the Corvette as well and I believe more fun in the long haul.

Sweet Ride - Poor Marketing
By Mojohio on 06/03/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is my dream car. It has wonderful handling and great style.The acceleration is excellent; it's not neck snapping, but it is very strong. This was not designed as a dragster, but as a cruiser and it serves that purpose to perfection. Ford dealers did themselves a disservice by adding the "dealers premium" charge to the sticker price and Ford didn't help by delaying the availability as long as they did when they were introduced. The T-bird did not meet sales expectations due to those reasons plus a virtually non-existent ad campaign. I bought mine in July,'04; it's an '03 that languished on the lot for a year. I bought it new for $9500 UNDER sticker. I could not be happier with the auto.

50th on my 50th B-Day!
By Jerry on 06/03/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I was a kid growing up in the Detroit Suburbs & going to the Ford Employees summer Day camps at the Ford Rouge & assembly plants, Greenfield Village and the Ford Test Track; seeing those cool convertible T-bird of the late 50's and early 60's at the Ford Rotunda Building (burnt down in mid 60's), did I want my own Ford Thunderbird Convertible. And although I have owned over 25 Ford, Mercury or Lincoln cars since my first Pinto at age 16 have I finally got my wish. On my 50th Birthday, I drove down to the nearest Ford Dealer that had the Gold 50th Anniversary T-Bird and I bought it!

My Car "The T-Bird"
By Richard L. Trythall on 06/01/05 13:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Performance is a great feeling; car responds well. Good handling & sensitive steering. Could be quicker through the gears. Seating a little stiff for long trips or a few hours of steady driving. Limited visibility when hardtop is on - tough to back up safely, as port holes don't help much. Great with the top down, or hardtop off. Car needs some kind of protection on the sides for parking purposes if you don't want dents or scratches. Seat belt arrangement could be better. Don't like boot cover for behind the seat. Car turns a lot of heads & gets many neat remarks. A fun car to own & drive.

nice car
By tlfmd on 05/31/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Eye catching, smooth and truly a style show. Trunk is a obligation, not a storage compartment, as the tonneau cover fills it up. Consider where you're gonna store the top in the summer

Fun in the Sun!
By Mark on 05/18/05 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

True driving pleasure! And WOW what a head turner. I haven't had this much fun with a car since my 1970 MG Midget.

Excellent ride
By skmarin on 05/12/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this T-Bird since October and just love the ride. Now that the weather is better (California) I have the top down most of the time. It has great pickup for that merge into highway traffic. The comfort is unbeatable. I have never owned a Ford and I am very impressed with the overall performance of this vehicle. Consider me SOLD.