2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
TBird - Best Performance Value
By RobTBird on 06/29/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Have had great fun with the TBird. Everywhere I go people comment how nice it looks - from parking garage attendants to people walking on the street. Distinctive, rare look. Fast convertible top raising or lowering. High performance V-8, 390 HP, for low $30's. Can't beat the performance & price

T-BIRD
By ART VAN DELAY on 06/16/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, they did this right. This car is tight. Well appointed, I love this car. I've had over 50 automobiles. Had 66 Corvette, 56 T-bird; they were great. This car is simply fun, and a good buy. Used they're relatively cheap, will only go up in value over the years. How many cars can you say that about?

A fun car
By Steven on 06/15/05 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my T-bird last month, after thinking about it for several years now. It's a fun car to drive, gets a lot of attention on the road. Handling is great, as is acceleration.

Red T-Bird
By Kurt on 06/10/05 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my T-Bird. I put 5,000 miles on it in the first 3 months. The ride can be a little soft at times, but it corners like a dream. Plenty of horsepower. I traded in my '02 Mustang GT for the T-Bird and there is no comparison. The T-bird has a better ride, is more fun to drive, and gets 10 times more looks and comments. Also, the waves from other T-Bird owners is nice.

Ford's step child
By DrtiBird on 06/10/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most enjoyable car I have ever owned. I bought an '02 Thunderbird, but when I found out that '05 would be the last year it will be offered I traded my '02 for the newer. I think this car would have been a really big seller if Ford had just promoted it half as much as the Mustang!

Shelley's thoughts
By shelley Klaner on 06/10/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ii used to own a Mercedes and said I would never own a Ford after bad experiences with a Mustang in the 1970s. I absolutely love this car. It handles better than my Mercedes, is solid, comfortable and the car actually makes me feel good. The only negative I have found is that it is hard to park because it is wide and it is hard to visualize the sides and the depth when parking. But besides that it was a great choice.

Bondo
By Bill Bond on 06/10/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great looking car, real head turner. Too bad the dealers got greedy when this car came out charging as much as $10,000 over sticker because of availability. Now they have marketing problem because people think they are more expensive than they actually are.

This Car Will Get You Noticed
By Ben on 06/04/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my wife's car and she just loves it. It turns more heads than a Corvette. If you want attention and comfort and a quality built car then this is it. If you want to carry groceries or kids then this car isn't for you. The car style is not overly aggressive or cheap and I believe it will stand the test of time in style. All the ladies in her group love it. My wife has finally got the "Car Craze" bug because of this T-Bird. It's cheaper than the Corvette as well and I believe more fun in the long haul.

Sweet Ride - Poor Marketing
By Mojohio on 06/03/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is my dream car. It has wonderful handling and great style.The acceleration is excellent; it's not neck snapping, but it is very strong. This was not designed as a dragster, but as a cruiser and it serves that purpose to perfection. Ford dealers did themselves a disservice by adding the "dealers premium" charge to the sticker price and Ford didn't help by delaying the availability as long as they did when they were introduced. The T-bird did not meet sales expectations due to those reasons plus a virtually non-existent ad campaign. I bought mine in July,'04; it's an '03 that languished on the lot for a year. I bought it new for $9500 UNDER sticker. I could not be happier with the auto.

50th on my 50th B-Day!
By Jerry on 06/03/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I was a kid growing up in the Detroit Suburbs & going to the Ford Employees summer Day camps at the Ford Rouge & assembly plants, Greenfield Village and the Ford Test Track; seeing those cool convertible T-bird of the late 50's and early 60's at the Ford Rotunda Building (burnt down in mid 60's), did I want my own Ford Thunderbird Convertible. And although I have owned over 25 Ford, Mercury or Lincoln cars since my first Pinto at age 16 have I finally got my wish. On my 50th Birthday, I drove down to the nearest Ford Dealer that had the Gold 50th Anniversary T-Bird and I bought it!