Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Happy Days are back!
By Debster

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have test driven many, many convertibles, but when I test drove the T-Bird I was sold. The fit was perfect, the interior retro; the overall styling is a wonderful combination between yesteryear and now. The performance -- unbeatable! A V8 with so much power, you barely need to step on the accelerator. The most fun I've ever had driving. It appeals to young and old alike. I did have one minor issue with the check engine light. I took the car into the dealership but the problem disappeared; they plugged in a mini computer under the dash so when the problem reoccurred, I pressed a button, it recorded the error and they were then able to correct the problem. No problems ever since.

Favorite Features

The car is so responsive, I never need to worry about merging on the freeway or passing cars. Also, it's such a cool looking car, the valet always parks it up front!

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have more trunk space.

Thunderbird ... great concept, but that's it
By frank in chicago

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The style is flawless, a definite head turner, excellent performance -- but it ends there. Ford stopped there, the inside needs help. Why cheapen an expensive car like this. With all the technology out there, they decided to give it just the basics. And Ford wonders why it can't sell cars.

Favorite Features

The style, the road handling, the engine.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth technology, updated lights, more electronics, better mirrors, more storage space.

TBird's eye view
By R Murphy

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Sweet car that accelerates smoothly and quickly. It is very stable in turns and brakes well. Trunk is small but it does hold a set of clubs and an overnight bag and that is all it needs to. Visibility is good in all directions but the mileage is not as good as some others in the price range.

I love this car
By ED Weiner

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Leased this car in Florida in February and have had fun with it since. Great top down car. Drove up to NH in May and got more clothing into trunk than I thought that we could. Also used the top well for soft clothing on the long trip. Have had the car in for service only for the 5000 mile oil change. The car has great fit and smooth ride. On long trips I have been averaging 24 miles to the gallon. City about 18mpg which I think is good for a large 8 cylinder. Excellent quality all the way.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Ease of driving. The power and responsiveness of the car. Best of all driving with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Add memory seats. My wife and I both drive the car and have to readjust the seat when we change drivers.

2005 T-BIRD CONVERTIBLE WITH HARD TOP
By judy

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy returning to my car and finding it surrounded by people admiring it or getting a thumbs up while on the highway. The car is a pleasure to drive; a lot of power and control. The interior is quiet and luxurious.

Favorite Features

Individual controls for heat and air conditioning. The retracting memory steering wheel.