2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
2005 T-BIRD CONVERTIBLE WITH HARD TOP
By judy on 07/28/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy returning to my car and finding it surrounded by people admiring it or getting a thumbs up while on the highway. The car is a pleasure to drive; a lot of power and control. The interior is quiet and luxurious.

Love My Bird!
By sivyaleah on 07/14/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I'm no expert by any means, but all I know is each time I look at our car, I love it even more! It drives pretty well, feels great at high speeds, has been reliable too. Looks great and that's the most important reason we bought it. We have the merlot, with merlot soft top, black interior. Car gets a lot of comments - many people think it's vintage at first glance.

Best Sports Car
By Taylor on 07/09/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great style and comfort, fun to drive. I'm really enjoying owning it - insurance not too expensive for vehicle type. GREAT summer car!

I bought a Ford?
By Jason on 07/08/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved this car before it ever hit the dealership. I knew I would have one myself someday and now that day has come. I love the way heads turn and people ask 'What is that car?'. As i always have had a sport luxury coupe, I do miss that luxury ride though. A lot of that has to do with the many manhole covers and poor roads in Idaho. I plan on keeping this car to pass down to my niece (10 yrs old now), for she thinks it will be hers to drive once receiving her driver's license. That all remains to be seen. But I must say I love this car. I love many others as well, but knowing of Thunderbird's demise, I just had to have one of the last, so I bought an 04' with everything.

nice choice
By RON on 07/06/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having come out of an Audi TT I was at first disappointed in the workmanship, especially interior quality. It has stood up very well however and it seems to have lost its chintz factor as I got used to it; strange.

Nice Care with some design flaws
By Dave on 07/05/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Car! I love to drive it. Chose it over a Z-4. Large doors for easy access but become problems when parked in garage or parking lot. Interior plastic could be much better quality. Bottle holders on arm rest really get in the way. Performance is exceptional and will leave everything on the road behind. Golf clubs fit in trunk. Sound system is outstanding. Dealership was excellent, especially pricing. Options needed include day/night automatic mirrors and heated outside mirrors. If I had to do it over, would probably buy the BMW 3 Series convertible.

TBird - Best Performance Value
By RobTBird on 06/29/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Have had great fun with the TBird. Everywhere I go people comment how nice it looks - from parking garage attendants to people walking on the street. Distinctive, rare look. Fast convertible top raising or lowering. High performance V-8, 390 HP, for low $30's. Can't beat the performance & price

T-BIRD
By ART VAN DELAY on 06/16/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, they did this right. This car is tight. Well appointed, I love this car. I've had over 50 automobiles. Had 66 Corvette, 56 T-bird; they were great. This car is simply fun, and a good buy. Used they're relatively cheap, will only go up in value over the years. How many cars can you say that about?

A fun car
By Steven on 06/15/05 17:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my T-bird last month, after thinking about it for several years now. It's a fun car to drive, gets a lot of attention on the road. Handling is great, as is acceleration.

Red T-Bird
By Kurt on 06/10/05 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my T-Bird. I put 5,000 miles on it in the first 3 months. The ride can be a little soft at times, but it corners like a dream. Plenty of horsepower. I traded in my '02 Mustang GT for the T-Bird and there is no comparison. The T-bird has a better ride, is more fun to drive, and gets 10 times more looks and comments. Also, the waves from other T-Bird owners is nice.