Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

This is the car of my dreams,
By t-bird lover

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car!It drives like a dream, yet has the power of a jet planeI have never gone out without at least 2 or 3 people telling me that I have a great car. They yell over to me at traffic lights ,stop signs and parking lots. I feel like a rock star! I think so highly of this car, that I have included it in my will. I never want it to leave the family.

Beautiful exterior and color, luxurious white leather seats, incredible pick-up. Easy to use convertible top and additional hard top for the winter.

Can't think of a thing

I love my T-Bird
By Wayne Shafer

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

When I was a young man in my 20's I owned a 1955 T-Bird and sold it thinking I would buy a '57 T-Bird but I married and started my family, so needless to say the T-Bird sport car went out of my price range. I always missed my small T-Bird and was thriled when Ford brought it back in 2002 and I was able to buy the 2005, 50th anniversary edition. I love its looks and the way it handles. It feels so good sitting behind the wheel as I drive down the road and notice those second glances. When another T-Birder and I meet on the road most of us flash our headlights and wave to the other wearing a big smile. Do I love my T-Bird? You bet I do!

Ease of handling. The 1950's look with modern two thousand enginering. Port hole in the hard top. Automatic steering wheel adjustment. Automatic radio sound control according to speed and road noise.

Some how extend my life so I can drive my T-Bird for another hundred years.

Just the Ticket
By David

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out in 2002, but couldn't afford it. Things changed and once I was able to, I bought a 50th anniversary edition. I told the dealer I didn't even need to test drive it, I knew I wanted it. I find all sorts of excuses to take it out for a drive, and love the second looks and "Thumbs Ups" I get from other motorists.

Two tops, love the retro port hole opera windows on the hard top. Power and handling are appropriate for the luxury/sport vehicle. Styling is an eye-catching winner. Radio controls on the steering wheel are handy.

Well, this is a moot topic since the car has been discontinued.

Something Special!
By Dave

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I was going to buy a Z4 but saw a Bird at the Auto show. Once I drove one it was no comparison. The ride is exceptional and the styling is top of the line. Many, many comments from people who see the car. Outstanding cruiser!

Style, ride comfort, audio system, ease of convertible top.

Interior quality could be improved. Replace plastic front grill.

Cure for mid life crisis
By Mike Lombardo

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Call it middle age crisis, but I love to drive it and be seen in it. As soon as I get behind the wheel I feel 10 years younger.

Got to be top down on a warm summer night. Also hit the gas and she GOES.

More head room would be nice, and a manual transmission would make this a true sports car.