Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

I LOVE THIS CAR
By LUV MY BIRD

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my T-Bird for 2 years and it just turned 3000 miles on the odometer (yes, I only drive it on Sundays). I selected the Granite Gray color right off the show room floor and it is indeed a very seductive car. No matter where I go with the top up or down it turns heads and people stop to ask about it. With the hardtop installed and opera windows gleaming it looks ready for a night driving down Broadway Avenue. The smooth V-8 engine coupled with the 5 speed auto transmission runs like a sewing machine. Reliability has been very good with only a minor glitch associated with rear wheel rpm sensor that affected traction control. I intend on owning this vehicle for a very long time.

Distinctive design. Smooth V-8 engine. Interior controls.

Improve design of front hardtop latching screws - they are difficult to align in screw holes.

Excellent Roadster
By Ted

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 T-Bird in April of 2005. This is the first convertible I have owned. I love driving this car. It is extremely quiet with the top up. With the top down there is almost no wind buffeting. There are several roadsters on the road but by far the T-Bird turns more heads and draws more stares. You have to drive it to really understand what a nice car this is.

Very comfortable seats. Very quiet with the top up. Hard top easy to remove. Top retracts very fast and is extremely easy to lock and unlock. Very quiet engine. Subtle rumble from the real dual exhaust.

Manly
By 2004 Thunderbird

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Very few things about this car that I do not find exciting. Will turn many heads, and I'm sure will be a sought after vehicle as time goes by.

Style, porthole, handling, lines. The whole bit.

Trunk open button.

Modern Retro
By Roy

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It looks good. It handles well. It has the latest engine technology, yet its styling harkens back to the '50s. As a kid I thought the 55-57 T-birds were the best looking cars on the road. Now I have the best looking car on the road. Ford claims that the top can be raised or lowered in 20 seconds. They are wrong - It only takes 6.5 seconds to raise or lower the top. And, the single central handle latching mechanism is fantastic.

Look, feel, and that fantastic convertable top.

Upgrade the CD player to handle MP3 format disks.

Best ownership experience of a lifetime
By Tbirdman

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a car lover my entire life. I've owned Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Ford, Dodge and GM Products. The absolute worst experience was my 2001 Mercedes SLK320. Terrible car, arrogant company, worst ownership experience. I liked the style of the new Thunderbird when it was a concept car but thought Ford would surely blow it. Not only did they not blow it ... they NAILED it! It's fun to own and fun to drive. I've read articles about lack-luster interior style. I love the polished aluminum accents. I selected the black-on-black interior because I thought the two-tone made it look too cartoonish. It never fails to attract attention with or without the top down. I love my Thunderbird

Favorite features: interior and exterior design, ride, handling, performance and the overall "I don't pass my car every time I leave the driveway" experience of owning a unique automobile.

Don't stop production!