2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Happy Days are back!
By Debster on 08/01/05 00:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have test driven many, many convertibles, but when I test drove the T-Bird I was sold. The fit was perfect, the interior retro; the overall styling is a wonderful combination between yesteryear and now. The performance -- unbeatable! A V8 with so much power, you barely need to step on the accelerator. The most fun I've ever had driving. It appeals to young and old alike. I did have one minor issue with the check engine light. I took the car into the dealership but the problem disappeared; they plugged in a mini computer under the dash so when the problem reoccurred, I pressed a button, it recorded the error and they were then able to correct the problem. No problems ever since.

Thunderbird ... great concept, but that's it
By frank in chicago on 07/31/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The style is flawless, a definite head turner, excellent performance -- but it ends there. Ford stopped there, the inside needs help. Why cheapen an expensive car like this. With all the technology out there, they decided to give it just the basics. And Ford wonders why it can't sell cars.

TBird's eye view
By R Murphy on 07/31/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Sweet car that accelerates smoothly and quickly. It is very stable in turns and brakes well. Trunk is small but it does hold a set of clubs and an overnight bag and that is all it needs to. Visibility is good in all directions but the mileage is not as good as some others in the price range.

I love this car
By ED Weiner on 07/29/05 22:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Leased this car in Florida in February and have had fun with it since. Great top down car. Drove up to NH in May and got more clothing into trunk than I thought that we could. Also used the top well for soft clothing on the long trip. Have had the car in for service only for the 5000 mile oil change. The car has great fit and smooth ride. On long trips I have been averaging 24 miles to the gallon. City about 18mpg which I think is good for a large 8 cylinder. Excellent quality all the way.

2005 T-BIRD CONVERTIBLE WITH HARD TOP
By judy on 07/28/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy returning to my car and finding it surrounded by people admiring it or getting a thumbs up while on the highway. The car is a pleasure to drive; a lot of power and control. The interior is quiet and luxurious.

Love My Bird!
By sivyaleah on 07/14/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I'm no expert by any means, but all I know is each time I look at our car, I love it even more! It drives pretty well, feels great at high speeds, has been reliable too. Looks great and that's the most important reason we bought it. We have the merlot, with merlot soft top, black interior. Car gets a lot of comments - many people think it's vintage at first glance.

Best Sports Car
By Taylor on 07/09/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great style and comfort, fun to drive. I'm really enjoying owning it - insurance not too expensive for vehicle type. GREAT summer car!

I bought a Ford?
By Jason on 07/08/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have loved this car before it ever hit the dealership. I knew I would have one myself someday and now that day has come. I love the way heads turn and people ask 'What is that car?'. As i always have had a sport luxury coupe, I do miss that luxury ride though. A lot of that has to do with the many manhole covers and poor roads in Idaho. I plan on keeping this car to pass down to my niece (10 yrs old now), for she thinks it will be hers to drive once receiving her driver's license. That all remains to be seen. But I must say I love this car. I love many others as well, but knowing of Thunderbird's demise, I just had to have one of the last, so I bought an 04' with everything.

nice choice
By RON on 07/06/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having come out of an Audi TT I was at first disappointed in the workmanship, especially interior quality. It has stood up very well however and it seems to have lost its chintz factor as I got used to it; strange.

Nice Care with some design flaws
By Dave on 07/05/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful Car! I love to drive it. Chose it over a Z-4. Large doors for easy access but become problems when parked in garage or parking lot. Interior plastic could be much better quality. Bottle holders on arm rest really get in the way. Performance is exceptional and will leave everything on the road behind. Golf clubs fit in trunk. Sound system is outstanding. Dealership was excellent, especially pricing. Options needed include day/night automatic mirrors and heated outside mirrors. If I had to do it over, would probably buy the BMW 3 Series convertible.