2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
LOVE MY '05 T-BIRD
By JOELI2 on 05/31/09 03:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly my dream car! It rides beautifully, looks spectacular, and is just simply a pleasure to drive. While driving it, all the tensions of the day quickly evaporate. ...This has V-8 power and scoots with the best of them. The comfortable seats ar a pleaure to sit in and the telescopic sterring wheel is helpful in seting a position to drive in control and comfort. ...Road noise is very faint, even with the well insulated rag top.I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture

Amazing car
By Jack on 12/07/08 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a surprisingly capable vehicle. I'm 6'4" so wish it had a little more leg room but very comfortable. It will really corner well yet has a smooth ride. Performance from 3.9L V-8 is exhilarating to say the least. All in all a real sports car with none of the bad habits.

This is the car of my dreams,
By t-bird lover on 08/02/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car!It drives like a dream, yet has the power of a jet planeI have never gone out without at least 2 or 3 people telling me that I have a great car. They yell over to me at traffic lights ,stop signs and parking lots. I feel like a rock star! I think so highly of this car, that I have included it in my will. I never want it to leave the family.

I love my T-Bird
By Wayne Shafer on 03/29/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

When I was a young man in my 20's I owned a 1955 T-Bird and sold it thinking I would buy a '57 T-Bird but I married and started my family, so needless to say the T-Bird sport car went out of my price range. I always missed my small T-Bird and was thriled when Ford brought it back in 2002 and I was able to buy the 2005, 50th anniversary edition. I love its looks and the way it handles. It feels so good sitting behind the wheel as I drive down the road and notice those second glances. When another T-Birder and I meet on the road most of us flash our headlights and wave to the other wearing a big smile. Do I love my T-Bird? You bet I do!

Just the Ticket
By David on 10/17/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out in 2002, but couldn't afford it. Things changed and once I was able to, I bought a 50th anniversary edition. I told the dealer I didn't even need to test drive it, I knew I wanted it. I find all sorts of excuses to take it out for a drive, and love the second looks and "Thumbs Ups" I get from other motorists.

Something Special!
By Dave on 09/07/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I was going to buy a Z4 but saw a Bird at the Auto show. Once I drove one it was no comparison. The ride is exceptional and the styling is top of the line. Many, many comments from people who see the car. Outstanding cruiser!

I finally own a Thunderbitd!
By Cuban medio tiempo on 05/01/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love its look and handling. Fun to drive and own. A sports car and yet affordable.

Fantastic TB
By Neil on 04/16/05 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Our Thunderbird convertible is so much fun to ride around in. It is a head turning, fantastic ride. If I had to do it over again, I would purchase the same car. My husband and I have a lot of fun driving around town and to the coast. We are trying to figure out how we can carry it with us when we begin full time camping. We will find the answer to this problem as the car will go with us.

I LOVE MY TBIRD
By mayra V. Perez on 03/30/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It is a fun car to drive and if you are a people person you will love it. I must meet about four people a week that want to talk about the car! I love the way it drives and handles smooth.

Wiley's Bird
By Mr. C's Bird on 03/30/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is fun to drive anywhere, whether it be in town or out in the country. People on the street or in cars next to it are always giving it a thumbs up and it fits in, in any circle. The trim inside and out might be a little subdued for some, but that is what the retro look is all about isn't it? A couple of my friends have BMW Z3 and a 3 series convertible and they are nice too, but they weren't made to bring back that nostalgic feeling of old.