Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

LOVE MY '05 T-BIRD
By JOELI2

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly my dream car! It rides beautifully, looks spectacular, and is just simply a pleasure to drive. While driving it, all the tensions of the day quickly evaporate. ...This has V-8 power and scoots with the best of them. The comfortable seats ar a pleaure to sit in and the telescopic sterring wheel is helpful in seting a position to drive in control and comfort. ...Road noise is very faint, even with the well insulated rag top.I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture

Favorite Features

1.)Transmission manual slap stick. 2.) seats. 3.) good looks inside and out. 4.) few are on the road so I don't feel like a copycat. 5.) crisp handling. 6.) V-8 power. 7.) Quite interior with either the rag top or hard top in the up position. 8.) roomy trunk compared to most 2 door, 2 seater

Suggested Improvements

1.) manual hoist for pulling the hard top off single handily. 2.)Tighten undercariage x shaped supports to 65 lbs. torque. 3.) Stainless steel body protector set whereever the hard top rest on when being used.

Amazing car
By Jack

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a surprisingly capable vehicle. I'm 6'4" so wish it had a little more leg room but very comfortable. It will really corner well yet has a smooth ride. Performance from 3.9L V-8 is exhilarating to say the least. All in all a real sports car with none of the bad habits.

Favorite Features

With hardtop in place, quiet and tight

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more leg room. Other than that it's virtually perfect.

This is the car of my dreams,
By t-bird lover

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car!It drives like a dream, yet has the power of a jet planeI have never gone out without at least 2 or 3 people telling me that I have a great car. They yell over to me at traffic lights ,stop signs and parking lots. I feel like a rock star! I think so highly of this car, that I have included it in my will. I never want it to leave the family.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior and color, luxurious white leather seats, incredible pick-up. Easy to use convertible top and additional hard top for the winter.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing

I love my T-Bird
By Wayne Shafer

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

When I was a young man in my 20's I owned a 1955 T-Bird and sold it thinking I would buy a '57 T-Bird but I married and started my family, so needless to say the T-Bird sport car went out of my price range. I always missed my small T-Bird and was thriled when Ford brought it back in 2002 and I was able to buy the 2005, 50th anniversary edition. I love its looks and the way it handles. It feels so good sitting behind the wheel as I drive down the road and notice those second glances. When another T-Birder and I meet on the road most of us flash our headlights and wave to the other wearing a big smile. Do I love my T-Bird? You bet I do!

Favorite Features

Ease of handling. The 1950's look with modern two thousand enginering. Port hole in the hard top. Automatic steering wheel adjustment. Automatic radio sound control according to speed and road noise.

Suggested Improvements

Some how extend my life so I can drive my T-Bird for another hundred years.

Just the Ticket
By David

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out in 2002, but couldn't afford it. Things changed and once I was able to, I bought a 50th anniversary edition. I told the dealer I didn't even need to test drive it, I knew I wanted it. I find all sorts of excuses to take it out for a drive, and love the second looks and "Thumbs Ups" I get from other motorists.

Favorite Features

Two tops, love the retro port hole opera windows on the hard top. Power and handling are appropriate for the luxury/sport vehicle. Styling is an eye-catching winner. Radio controls on the steering wheel are handy.

Suggested Improvements

Well, this is a moot topic since the car has been discontinued.