2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
'05 T-bird
By gfrompitt on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Loved it when it came out but was hoping for a standard transmission. Of course that is impossible now days. Car is not really a sports car, more of a sporty couple. It handles great but is no racer. I'd like it to be a little more stiff in the turns but for most people, they'd rather have the comfort ride. Haven't had to put a nickel into it since I've owned it. great car.

Drive It Like You Stole It!
By Fearless in Cashmere on 10/19/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always loved the Classic Birds. I used to help my brother Jeff restore them when we were growing up. So when the Retro Birds came out, I had to get one. I waited until the last year & got my 2005 50th Anniversary Thunderbird "Cashmere" Edition #884/1500. This is a very solid car!I trust this car impicitly, having driven it cross-country twice and drive it daily. Still have had NO problems -except a little COP issue (not police officers!), & that's why I gave "Build Quality" a 9. But beyond that, eveything works very well. I got a solid 22mpg city/hwy mix but since I put on a K&N cold air intake I'm up around 24+ even with my driving. I hope you enjoy driving one as much as I do! Peace!

LOVE MY '05 T-BIRD
By JOELI2 on 05/31/09 03:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly my dream car! It rides beautifully, looks spectacular, and is just simply a pleasure to drive. While driving it, all the tensions of the day quickly evaporate. ...This has V-8 power and scoots with the best of them. The comfortable seats ar a pleaure to sit in and the telescopic sterring wheel is helpful in seting a position to drive in control and comfort. ...Road noise is very faint, even with the well insulated rag top.I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture

Amazing car
By Jack on 12/07/08 21:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a surprisingly capable vehicle. I'm 6'4" so wish it had a little more leg room but very comfortable. It will really corner well yet has a smooth ride. Performance from 3.9L V-8 is exhilarating to say the least. All in all a real sports car with none of the bad habits.

This is the car of my dreams,
By t-bird lover on 08/02/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car!It drives like a dream, yet has the power of a jet planeI have never gone out without at least 2 or 3 people telling me that I have a great car. They yell over to me at traffic lights ,stop signs and parking lots. I feel like a rock star! I think so highly of this car, that I have included it in my will. I never want it to leave the family.

I love my T-Bird
By Wayne Shafer on 03/29/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

When I was a young man in my 20's I owned a 1955 T-Bird and sold it thinking I would buy a '57 T-Bird but I married and started my family, so needless to say the T-Bird sport car went out of my price range. I always missed my small T-Bird and was thriled when Ford brought it back in 2002 and I was able to buy the 2005, 50th anniversary edition. I love its looks and the way it handles. It feels so good sitting behind the wheel as I drive down the road and notice those second glances. When another T-Birder and I meet on the road most of us flash our headlights and wave to the other wearing a big smile. Do I love my T-Bird? You bet I do!

Just the Ticket
By David on 10/17/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out in 2002, but couldn't afford it. Things changed and once I was able to, I bought a 50th anniversary edition. I told the dealer I didn't even need to test drive it, I knew I wanted it. I find all sorts of excuses to take it out for a drive, and love the second looks and "Thumbs Ups" I get from other motorists.

Something Special!
By Dave on 09/07/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I was going to buy a Z4 but saw a Bird at the Auto show. Once I drove one it was no comparison. The ride is exceptional and the styling is top of the line. Many, many comments from people who see the car. Outstanding cruiser!

Cure for mid life crisis
By Mike Lombardo on 01/13/06 22:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Call it middle age crisis, but I love to drive it and be seen in it. As soon as I get behind the wheel I feel 10 years younger.

2002 Thunderbird
By R. Bryant on 11/14/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed driving this vehicle. The take off from a standstill isn't quite as good as I think it should be. The passenger side isn't quite as comfortable as the driver's side is. The only real complaint I have is the top leaked and it took several trips to the shop to remedy the problem. If you aren't a real big person and you like people to notice your car, this is the car for you. It's a fun car to drive. I plan on keeping mine a long time.