Used 2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

'05 T-bird
By gfrompitt

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Loved it when it came out but was hoping for a standard transmission. Of course that is impossible now days. Car is not really a sports car, more of a sporty couple. It handles great but is no racer. I'd like it to be a little more stiff in the turns but for most people, they'd rather have the comfort ride. Haven't had to put a nickel into it since I've owned it. great car.

Favorite Features

Love the two tops and port-hole hardtop turns lots of heads. people stop me all the time and want to talk.

Suggested Improvements

Just a standard transmission and the tighter suspension.

Drive It Like You Stole It!
By Fearless in Cashmere

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always loved the Classic Birds. I used to help my brother Jeff restore them when we were growing up. So when the Retro Birds came out, I had to get one. I waited until the last year & got my 2005 50th Anniversary Thunderbird "Cashmere" Edition #884/1500. This is a very solid car!I trust this car impicitly, having driven it cross-country twice and drive it daily. Still have had NO problems -except a little COP issue (not police officers!), & that's why I gave "Build Quality" a 9. But beyond that, eveything works very well. I got a solid 22mpg city/hwy mix but since I put on a K&N cold air intake I'm up around 24+ even with my driving. I hope you enjoy driving one as much as I do! Peace!

Favorite Features

I love the fact that the sound system automatically changes its scheme depending on whether the top is down, driver only, driver/passenger. Very nice. I love the memory steering wheel too. (It freaked me out a little though when I got in the car the first time...). I also like Randy Perry in Service

Suggested Improvements

I'd have liked to seen the "Retro Birds" to have the swing out steering wheel along with the turn out drivers seat. It would be a great option - especially after a long drive! Pluse, I think it would add so me elegance to it. You know, "Form meeting Function"? And improve inside glare on dash panel.

LOVE MY '05 T-BIRD
By JOELI2

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly my dream car! It rides beautifully, looks spectacular, and is just simply a pleasure to drive. While driving it, all the tensions of the day quickly evaporate. ...This has V-8 power and scoots with the best of them. The comfortable seats ar a pleaure to sit in and the telescopic sterring wheel is helpful in seting a position to drive in control and comfort. ...Road noise is very faint, even with the well insulated rag top.I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture

Favorite Features

1.)Transmission manual slap stick. 2.) seats. 3.) good looks inside and out. 4.) few are on the road so I don't feel like a copycat. 5.) crisp handling. 6.) V-8 power. 7.) Quite interior with either the rag top or hard top in the up position. 8.) roomy trunk compared to most 2 door, 2 seater

Suggested Improvements

1.) manual hoist for pulling the hard top off single handily. 2.)Tighten undercariage x shaped supports to 65 lbs. torque. 3.) Stainless steel body protector set whereever the hard top rest on when being used.

Amazing car
By Jack

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a surprisingly capable vehicle. I'm 6'4" so wish it had a little more leg room but very comfortable. It will really corner well yet has a smooth ride. Performance from 3.9L V-8 is exhilarating to say the least. All in all a real sports car with none of the bad habits.

Favorite Features

With hardtop in place, quiet and tight

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more leg room. Other than that it's virtually perfect.

This is the car of my dreams,
By t-bird lover

2005 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car!It drives like a dream, yet has the power of a jet planeI have never gone out without at least 2 or 3 people telling me that I have a great car. They yell over to me at traffic lights ,stop signs and parking lots. I feel like a rock star! I think so highly of this car, that I have included it in my will. I never want it to leave the family.

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior and color, luxurious white leather seats, incredible pick-up. Easy to use convertible top and additional hard top for the winter.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing