2005 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
'05 T-bird
By gfrompitt on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Loved it when it came out but was hoping for a standard transmission. Of course that is impossible now days. Car is not really a sports car, more of a sporty couple. It handles great but is no racer. I'd like it to be a little more stiff in the turns but for most people, they'd rather have the comfort ride. Haven't had to put a nickel into it since I've owned it. great car.

Drive It Like You Stole It!
By Fearless in Cashmere on 10/19/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always loved the Classic Birds. I used to help my brother Jeff restore them when we were growing up. So when the Retro Birds came out, I had to get one. I waited until the last year & got my 2005 50th Anniversary Thunderbird "Cashmere" Edition #884/1500. This is a very solid car!I trust this car impicitly, having driven it cross-country twice and drive it daily. Still have had NO problems -except a little COP issue (not police officers!), & that's why I gave "Build Quality" a 9. But beyond that, eveything works very well. I got a solid 22mpg city/hwy mix but since I put on a K&N cold air intake I'm up around 24+ even with my driving. I hope you enjoy driving one as much as I do! Peace!

Cure for mid life crisis
By Mike Lombardo on 01/13/06 22:48 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Call it middle age crisis, but I love to drive it and be seen in it. As soon as I get behind the wheel I feel 10 years younger.

2002 Thunderbird
By R. Bryant on 11/14/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed driving this vehicle. The take off from a standstill isn't quite as good as I think it should be. The passenger side isn't quite as comfortable as the driver's side is. The only real complaint I have is the top leaked and it took several trips to the shop to remedy the problem. If you aren't a real big person and you like people to notice your car, this is the car for you. It's a fun car to drive. I plan on keeping mine a long time.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By LUV MY BIRD on 11/10/05 04:51 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my T-Bird for 2 years and it just turned 3000 miles on the odometer (yes, I only drive it on Sundays). I selected the Granite Gray color right off the show room floor and it is indeed a very seductive car. No matter where I go with the top up or down it turns heads and people stop to ask about it. With the hardtop installed and opera windows gleaming it looks ready for a night driving down Broadway Avenue. The smooth V-8 engine coupled with the 5 speed auto transmission runs like a sewing machine. Reliability has been very good with only a minor glitch associated with rear wheel rpm sensor that affected traction control. I intend on owning this vehicle for a very long time.

Excellent Roadster
By Ted on 09/27/05 10:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 T-Bird in April of 2005. This is the first convertible I have owned. I love driving this car. It is extremely quiet with the top up. With the top down there is almost no wind buffeting. There are several roadsters on the road but by far the T-Bird turns more heads and draws more stares. You have to drive it to really understand what a nice car this is.

Manly
By 2004 Thunderbird on 09/23/05 20:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Very few things about this car that I do not find exciting. Will turn many heads, and I'm sure will be a sought after vehicle as time goes by.

Modern Retro
By Roy on 09/13/05 21:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It looks good. It handles well. It has the latest engine technology, yet its styling harkens back to the '50s. As a kid I thought the 55-57 T-birds were the best looking cars on the road. Now I have the best looking car on the road. Ford claims that the top can be raised or lowered in 20 seconds. They are wrong - It only takes 6.5 seconds to raise or lower the top. And, the single central handle latching mechanism is fantastic.

Best ownership experience of a lifetime
By Tbirdman on 08/27/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a car lover my entire life. I've owned Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Ford, Dodge and GM Products. The absolute worst experience was my 2001 Mercedes SLK320. Terrible car, arrogant company, worst ownership experience. I liked the style of the new Thunderbird when it was a concept car but thought Ford would surely blow it. Not only did they not blow it ... they NAILED it! It's fun to own and fun to drive. I've read articles about lack-luster interior style. I love the polished aluminum accents. I selected the black-on-black interior because I thought the two-tone made it look too cartoonish. It never fails to attract attention with or without the top down. I love my Thunderbird

Good, but not Great.
By norbert on 08/14/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

It is Great looking, and it is fun to drive. Still, Ford could have made it a more solid car - lots of rattles after only two weeks.