Wouldn't Drive Anything but my TBird
By merryelle on
2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
After extensive research among all convertibles in the TBIRD class, I chose Ford's Hardtop Thunderbird Convertible because of how well it handled on the road. I went from a Lincoln Navigator (still in the garage) to the TBIRD, and found the TBIRD to be so much fun to drive. I can get 2 complete sets of golf clubs in the trunk. The TBIRD is larger than most sportscars and the insurance isn't based on a "sportscar", just a sedan. The doors are long. Seating is comfortable, and I have had ZERO problems with my "TBIRD". It's wonderful. Wouldn't change my mind, even if someone tempted me with a free Audi TT...
Favorite Features
I love the size, it can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in trunk, goes from 5mph to 65mph in seconds, comfortable,sound system - terrific, love the convertible. Love to shift into gear.Steering's great.I feel safe driving my TBIRD even without the top.
Suggested Improvements
Easier way to remove the hardtop, maybe use Mercedez Benz hardtop reclining technology. Other than that, I have everything I want in a "sportscar".