2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: The 'Bird is the Word!

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Deluxe Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic)

The 'Bird is the Word!
By bird_luvr on

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 'bird! (So does my wife.) I have a Pacific Coast Roadster that is out of this world. She now has over 600 miles in 1 week, all from just cruising around. I have never heard of a car that gets as many comments as my 'bird - everyone loves this car! Like driving a classic with the safety, reliability, & features of new. The PCR is the '04 limited edition model and the only 'bird you can get with a light dash instead of black, which was a big factor in our decision. Only 1000 made, so not too common. Color very classy. Gas mileage good for a V8. Get both tops: ragtop-only costs double(!) to insure. You WILL be seen in this car!

Looks! Handling! Comments! 2-seater! Coolness factor! Uncommon! Heated seats! Wonderful handling - turns very flat and predictable. Tiny turning radius - the 'bird will do a u-turn in 2 lanes. Soaks up big bumps. Can talk in a normal voice (not yell) with the top down.

Harsh on the little bumps, but I suspect the tires are over inflated, apparently a common problem. Acceleration is quick, but not what I expect for 280 ponies. Check build quality - we rejected the first PCR we saw. Soft top's tight. Allow regular gas.