2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: Still Fun, Fun, Fun

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Still Fun, Fun, Fun
By Chuck's '04 PCR on

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is an update of my earlier review (Fun, Fun, Fun Written by: Chuck's '04 PCR on 04/27/2007) OK, 3.5 years later & she's a daily driver. Still love the car, but sure am glad I got the 7-yr/100k warranty. I have replaced 7 of the 8 coils (actually Ford has), and I am just waiting for the last one to get bad enough to replace. Ford has extended the warranty on the COPs (Coil on Plug) to 10 yrs/100,000 miles, so any replacements should be free. I have not had any problems with the replaced coils. Just replaced the thermostat & upper radiator hose at 71k. I take it to a Lincoln dealer for service, since it is essentially a Lincoln LS and the Ford guys typically know nothing about the car.

V8 Ragtop! Air still blows cold enough to create condensation on the dash. Heated seats. The V8 puts out over 1 HP/CID (280 HP/234 CID) & still gives me 20 mpg! Exhaust is getting a nice growl to it. People still comment, point, & wave. V8 Ragtop in Fla! Gorgeous! If I didn't have one, I'd want one.

More cup hldrs. Regular gas. Auto wipers like wife's Volvo. Trip computer. Compass. USB port for the stereo. Louder stereo. More HP & MPG (I know, I know, but this HP/CID/MPG combo was pretty much unheard of when I was a kid - my '72 Torino 302 was 145 factory HP & 7 MPG before I tinkered w/it)