2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: Mine's A LEMON

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Premium Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic w/Removable Hard Top)

Mine's A LEMON
By No longer pleased on

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Recieved the car as a gift and was thrilled, at first. The car began to leave me stranded...engine would not turn over. Local dealership service dept. has tried everything but can find no answer to the problem. Car has now been in the service dept. for 11 weeks and still no answer to the problem. I absolutely love the car, but I do not love being stranded waiting for a wrecker...NINE TIMES!

Favorite Features

Vintage look, body style, smooth ride. Enjoyable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better technicians to solve mechanical problems.
By ladypool1
on 12/29/14 14:38 PM (PST)

I was given my 2004 Thunderbird convertible/removeable hard-top for Mothers Day. I was Thrilled. It was great In the summer when weather is warm. It is winter now and I keep it garaged. It is never left outside. The car won't start at all. I took it to Ford to find out what the problem was. I was told that there is nothing wrong with the car and that I need to get a battery booster. I have a 10 year old van that is left out all the time and starts every time. Something is draining the battery but Ford won't admit it. It is in the shop again. I guess I'll see what excuse they come up with this time. I love the car but it would be nice if I could drive it.