2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: Fun, Fun, Fun

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

2004 Ford Thunderbird

Deluxe Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Chuck's '04 PCR on

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my bird! For the first year, all I had to do was sit down behind that little hood scoop and I'd get this enormous grin. Like the others have said, you get a gazillion comments and many envious looks. We got the PCR for the grey top and interior since we were going to move to FL and didn't want the heat of the black top and interior. For those who don't know, this is a Lincoln LS shortened by 6"; the LS is essentially a Jaguar S-Type with a de-tuned engine. So I have to laugh when I see or hear comments about the "little" car! The lines are so perfect that you don't realize it's full-sized, but I have to pay a small weight penalty with my FL plates every year! Keeping it forever.

Looks! I still get jealous when I see my wife driving it! Drives like a dream, really holds the road nicely. Seats are comfortable for my 6', overweight, bad back. Stereo sounds good. Did I say it's gorgeous? Even little kids smile and point it out! After 3 yrs, I still grin like an idiot

Mileage could be a bit better. French tranny could use a downshift cable and not hang out in neutral so much. I get tired of it slamming back into gear. Has been in the shop far too much for a $40k+ vehicle from 2004. Open trunk lid drips into the trunk, roof drips on your leg when the door's open.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review