2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: A car to keep forever

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Premium Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic w/Removable Hard Top)

A car to keep forever
By grey thunder on

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the TBIRD the first time I saw it at the auto show in Boston. Price was to high at the time so I thought I would have to wait to buy a used one. Lucky for me this past Sept 2003 my dealer was having a clearance on leftover 2003 models so I snapped up a new Mountain Shawdow Gray T-Bird at a very reasonable price. I am really enjoying this car. It is only driven on sunny days. I love the look of the porthole hard top ...but driving with the top down is so much fun. Power styling and handling can not be beat.

My favorite features are the styling, the Mountain Shadow Gray paint color, the versitility of both a hardtop & a convertible, the interior styling and of course the drop dead beauty of the exterior styling.

Kind of pointless since the last year of production is 2005. I would have liked a larger trunk.Needs a six way power adjustment for the passenger seat.It needs a locking gas door.Trunk lid does not fit very well.