2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
ford thunderbird's eye view
By wallace clark on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my thunderbird. The handling is tremendous. It's a fun car to drive and it definately turns a lot of heads. I couldn't ask for more. My wife just didn't want a convertable and now I can't keep her out of it.

WOW! FIFTIES FUN RE-VISITED
By Curtis Patrick on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Car purchased brand new in 2002 (no category in upper field)Excellent fit inside & out. Superb paint job. Ford replaced bad battery---that's it. Drove from Kansas City, KS /MO to Las Vegas, NV., handled tight, strong firm. quiet & comfortable on highway; quick to respond. Great Cruiser No mechanical probs. Great power at Loveland Pass at about 8,000 ft. in CO. C.P.

It's a neat car
By Tom Sullivan on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned this car for over 8 months and I find it one to the best cars I'v ever owned. I think the car got a bum rap when it was first interduced when the Dealers were trying to get an 25 to 30% more because it was a new car on the market. Than Ford Motor could not deliver the T-birds because of production problem. It left a bad teast in the mouth of the buyers that wanted one. There is one bad guy in this whole marketing program and thats Ford Motor because it's a great car and Ford just dropped the ball

Awesome
By Dorian Callen on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

The new Ford Thunderbird is fantastic.I have been trying to decide upon a car for a year. I could not find anything that had style, class, power. Then a friend had mentioned the Thunderbird (I hadn't even considered it). I test drove one and bought it the next day. I couldn't turn it down. I loved it soo much.I didn't even take the hard top off to see the conv. side to the car. I love it.........

Buy American!!
By mblaauw on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Nicest car I have ever owned or driven and yes I have owned foreign cars.

Fun Car
By RJRamos on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Enjoy the comfort and style T-bird brings to driving. Performs on a dime.Does need more trunk room. When handling on the road this car size and weight is more comfortable than many other cars in its class.

Wouldn't Drive Anything but my TBird
By merryelle on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

After extensive research among all convertibles in the TBIRD class, I chose Ford's Hardtop Thunderbird Convertible because of how well it handled on the road. I went from a Lincoln Navigator (still in the garage) to the TBIRD, and found the TBIRD to be so much fun to drive. I can get 2 complete sets of golf clubs in the trunk. The TBIRD is larger than most sportscars and the insurance isn't based on a "sportscar", just a sedan. The doors are long. Seating is comfortable, and I have had ZERO problems with my "TBIRD". It's wonderful. Wouldn't change my mind, even if someone tempted me with a free Audi TT...

I LOVE MY T-BIRD
By BMMONT on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

THE T-BIRD IS A GREAT CAR TO DRIVE. PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE INSIDE AND A BEAUTY ON THE OUTSIDE. I ALWAYS WANTED A T-BIRD WHEN I WAS A KID, NOW I FINALY GOT THE CHANCE TO OWN ONE. GET ONE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

gas hog
By gorilla on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is more fun than my 64 mustang, but sucks up high test gas like a sponge. One day on i-95, i barely touched the pedal & found myself doing 120mph. it cruises at 80mph & it's the most comfortable car i've ever had.Miami to Palm Beach is 130miles roundtrip & it uses at least half a tank. if i'd known how much hightest gas it drank, i never would have bought it.but it's a fantastic car otherwise!!! So if gas isn't a issue,buy one.

My birthday present
By Jackelyn on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My husband bought this beautiful car for my birthday, it was the dealers show room model and I love everything about it, a dream car and I feel like a Princess when I drive into town. Thumbs up to Ford.