Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

fun, fun, fun
By jackiedee

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

i love my powder blue t-bird for around town. it just makes people smile and give you the thumbs up sign. it is a little difficult to remove hard top. once it was off--i kept it off. the soft top up and down feature does not measure up to my saab convertible that self latches and does not need a boot cover. the t-bird has tons of pick-up and is good off the line which is important in LA. i plan on putting few miles on this car and keeping it for a long time.

Favorite Features

i think the design is very cool. you know going into this that this is no costco car for bulk shopping. this car is fun--not a kiddie mobile. like the heated seats and my stainless package and color insert seats. dash etc. is not so confusing. what you see is what you get. love it.

Suggested Improvements

the soft top should self latch--it is too difficult right now. you really need two people--one on top outside to smash top down and someone inside to make latches work and seal top. ford should check out saab.

EXCELLENT CAR !!!!
By firstliner

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is is the best in all ways of any I've ever owned. VERY comfortable. Does not hurt my bad back even after 8-10 hours of driving. It handles better than expensive, foreign sports cars that I've driven. Extremely responsive and fun to drive. Independent Short and Long Arm front and rear suspension. Does not drive like a Ford at all. Plenty of pick up and speed. No hesitation at all. Braking system is excellent. Four wheel traction control, anti-lock disc brakes. Plenty of storage space for a small car. Convertible top goes up and down VERY easily. Removable hard top great for the winter. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Favorite Features

Everything about this car !!

Suggested Improvements

no improvements needed

love my bird
By port hole authority

After owning several Mustang's this car by far is the best and most fun to drive. Real head turner... I have the Merlot with sand interior.. I drive a Volvo 850 for my beater.. the bird has never seen a wet road. garaged and dusted off for sunny days ONLY.

Favorite Features

the chrome wheels and parking lamps. not to mention the grill. V8 is awesome

Suggested Improvements

5 speed manual transmission

Love My Bird
By Flchic

After wanting this car for 2 years I finally decided to buy one. I have no regrets. I love it.

Favorite Features

I love the look of it. The sound system is great. Very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

More storage would be nice. But overall, not real complaints.

Sweet Ride
By G Sullins

My 2004 Thunderbird is a sweet ride. I really enjoy the "select-a-shift" functionality. Of course, the 2 tops are just great. The car gives a luxury ride with a sporty feel. I've added a roadster tonneau cover; adding fender skirts and a continential kit. This car is a head turner -- and for me it is a great toy!!!

Favorite Features

Select-a-shift and 2 tops

Suggested Improvements

More leg room