Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

My 2004 Merlot
By Ol Dave

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2002 T-Bird, for this more powerfull 2004 Bird. My Merlot w/Sand appearance package, is a head turner everywhere we go. At the annual All Fords National Show held in PA, with 3000 Fords on display, she brought home a First Place Trophy. And she has been invited back for a special display in 2005. She has been personalized and is very very pampered. Kudo's to FORD, for bringing back the Icon in American Automotives.

Favorite Features

Metalic Merlot Paint. Removable Hard-Top w/ Portholes Sirius Satelite hookup Homelink

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic Interior

2003 T-Bird
By Mike

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The only weak link in this vehicle is the transmission. Some of the cars need to have the pcm reflashed in order to achieve smooth shifting.

Favorite Features

Ease of raising and lowering the convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

Hardtops should have been provided with all models.

My T-Bird
By Joe166

I have had this green TBird for about a year now and have enjoyed it a great deal. There is nothing like riding home in the evening with the top down. Makes my whole day. I do it often.

Favorite Features

Convertible top. Great styling. Great size.

Suggested Improvements

Could stand an upgrade in the interior with better quality leather and other trim.

birdman
By williamsdd

I love this car!! I've owned many nice cars but this one is by far the most fun to drive. Every time I stop at a light the heads turn. I've owned my T- Bird for 3 months and I'm just as excited about driving it now as I was the day I drove it home. The soft top is so easy to use. I wanted one of these cars ever since they were first introduced but they just didn't seem very practical. I have never regretted buy this car and I'm sure I never will.

Favorite Features

Styling is at the top of my list. The V8 has all the power I will ever need. The transmission shifts so smoothly it's unbelieveable. I love the hardtop with the porthole window.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the hardtop was a little easier to install. I'm surprised the car doesn't have a compass. The trunk needs to be a little larger. Needs storage space for CD's

We Like It !!
By Clarke George

With 1,233 miles on it, we left for a 3700 + mile trip from Whidbey Island, WA through OR, NV, AZ,CA and return. Ave. 24+ mpg. Turned heads everywhere. Beamer & Lexus drivers give it a 2nd look. Lots of comments. Fun to drive - good acceleration, stiff suspension & tight steering. Corners flat and hugs the road. Quiet inside w/very little road noise. Came over Donner Pass, westbound on I 80 in a snowstorm, early NOV 04. Sipped tires by Les Schwab - never slipped or broke loose. We pack the trunk like a suitcase - use small overnight bags in & out of the motels. We like it more every time we drive it.

Favorite Features

Style & Metallic Ice Blue color, and Handling. White faces on gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable Lumbar supports in the seats. Power Hard top vs a retractable soft top. If the Chevy SSR can do it, Ford outta be able to do it.