Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

For Style and A Very Smooth Ride
By w77collins

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

People will ask you about this car whenever you pump gas or are out and about. The ride is super smooth as the car weighs nearly 4000lbs. The 280 hp Lincoln LS engine makes a wonderful roar and the exhaust is tuned to rumble at idle. Turn off the traction control and you can easily burn the tires for a few seconds with a little braking off the line but not without. Expect seven second zero to sixty. The traction control is awesome. The five speed transmission always finds a gear to give you a lot of kick if you go throttle wide open.

The beautiful interior trim with the deluxe package and the matching hardtop. Go for the deluxe package with the hardtop if you can. The two tone interior and heated seats make it worth it.

Expect 19 mpg if you are driving very easy or 15 mpg if you are launching off of red lights.

Classic
By Townsend

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a wonderful 2 seat luxury convertable. I love driving this car with either the top down or with the classic port hole hard top. I get remarks from everyone about how beautiful this car is. The 280 hp engine has plenty of power for this cruiser. A very smooth shifting 5 speed automatic transmission. Excellent audio system with fingertip controls. I have the Premium model with heated seats and homelink, all of the power creature comforts found in a luxury car! This car is rewarding to drive because I get such a kick out of cruising in this 2 seat romantic classic reminisent of the t-bird heritage when cars were Fun! At todays prices these cars are of tremendous value!

Classic look, one button power top down or up convenience that can be done at a stop light. Port hole removable hard top for year round enjoyment. Luxury leather seats and beautiful interior appointments. 280 hp smooth engine with tuned exhaust. Fantastic audio system. Throw back to earlier T-Birds!

New Classic
By RB

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This T-Bird is by far the most enjoyable retro-classic 2 seat roadster to have on Sunday drives for this 49 yo driver! At a used price of $25000 for a 3 year old Red Premium convertable with hardtop that had sold for over $40000 new, this car is of terrific value to me. It is a luxury sport cruiser that just leaves a smile on my face when driving, easy smooth handling with plenty of power, and a wonderful conversation piece getting compliments everywhere! I'm done with Corvettes, Miata's, and Mustangs at this stage of life and really enjoy my retro bird for a relaxing cruise with the top down. Just a great car for this purpose!

Power top, can go up or down while at the stop light! Power steering wheel adjusts in and back to preset automatically with egress! Steering wheel media controls with mute! 280 hp that's there for passing! Removable port hole hardtop for change of seasons.

N/A

Thunderbird
By SISU Bird

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always loved the looks of the old T-birds and thought that one day I'd purchase one. For our 25th anniversary my husband surprised me with the 2004 Pacific Coast Highway edition. Love it just as much as the old birds! I baby this car - I don't take it out of the garage until May when the salt has long washed off the roads. Nor, does it come out if the sky even looks like rain. I have the hard top but the only time it has been on the car is when I picked up the hardtop from the dealers. I've limited myself to 2,000 miles a year so the car is virtually like new. The only problem I've had with it is that the alarm system doesn't always activate.

Everything about it!

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Chuck's '04 PCR

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my bird! For the first year, all I had to do was sit down behind that little hood scoop and I'd get this enormous grin. Like the others have said, you get a gazillion comments and many envious looks. We got the PCR for the grey top and interior since we were going to move to FL and didn't want the heat of the black top and interior. For those who don't know, this is a Lincoln LS shortened by 6"; the LS is essentially a Jaguar S-Type with a de-tuned engine. So I have to laugh when I see or hear comments about the "little" car! The lines are so perfect that you don't realize it's full-sized, but I have to pay a small weight penalty with my FL plates every year! Keeping it forever.

Looks! I still get jealous when I see my wife driving it! Drives like a dream, really holds the road nicely. Seats are comfortable for my 6', overweight, bad back. Stereo sounds good. Did I say it's gorgeous? Even little kids smile and point it out! After 3 yrs, I still grin like an idiot

Mileage could be a bit better. French tranny could use a downshift cable and not hang out in neutral so much. I get tired of it slamming back into gear. Has been in the shop far too much for a $40k+ vehicle from 2004. Open trunk lid drips into the trunk, roof drips on your leg when the door's open.