2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Most fun car we ever owned
By Jason on 12/30/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Our 2003 Prem TB Hard Top is the most fun to drive its realy like having 3 cars when you put soft top up then Down and The Port hole Hard top on. Crack the window and listen to that sound of the 60's coming our of the great SC sound system and the exhaust pipes.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool on 12/29/04 00:23 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the Lexus SC430 and the Ford Thunderbird I have purchased has surpassed it in both ride and performance. I shopped around and drove many convertibles but once I got into the Thunderbird it was easy to determine which vehicle I would be buying. Since I have purchased it I have been more pleased in all aspects that you would consider. It is one vehicle that once I brought it home, I haven't been sorry for spending a little more than planned with what I have received.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool on 12/29/04 00:23 AM (PST)

Ford
By Bud on 12/19/04 12:14 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This Lemon breaks down about every 1,000 miles or so. Had it towed in twice this month--one time on the way back home from the dealership from its last repair. Frequent failures apparently due to the electrical system, factory installed stereo not wired in correctly, coils have failed twice, not what we expected for a "high- end" car.

PCR
By Mike on 12/14/04 06:31 AM (PST)

Purchased The Pacific Coast Roadster limited Edition in May of 2004. Just driving down the road brings comments of 'nice car' or 'looks great'. But that's not the only reason to drive it, it's really a great comfortable ride, with plenty of power when needed. After travelling 300 miles on a trip (non- stop), I didn't feel all cramped or butt-weary on arrival. I love this car.

My 2004 Merlot
By Ol Dave on 12/13/04 20:07 PM (PST)

I traded my 2002 T-Bird, for this more powerfull 2004 Bird. My Merlot w/Sand appearance package, is a head turner everywhere we go. At the annual All Fords National Show held in PA, with 3000 Fords on display, she brought home a First Place Trophy. And she has been invited back for a special display in 2005. She has been personalized and is very very pampered. Kudo's to FORD, for bringing back the Icon in American Automotives.

2003 T-Bird
By Mike on 12/13/04 19:23 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The only weak link in this vehicle is the transmission. Some of the cars need to have the pcm reflashed in order to achieve smooth shifting.

My T-Bird
By Joe166 on 12/13/04 18:16 PM (PST)

I have had this green TBird for about a year now and have enjoyed it a great deal. There is nothing like riding home in the evening with the top down. Makes my whole day. I do it often.

birdman
By williamsdd on 11/14/04 11:46 AM (PST)

I love this car!! I've owned many nice cars but this one is by far the most fun to drive. Every time I stop at a light the heads turn. I've owned my T- Bird for 3 months and I'm just as excited about driving it now as I was the day I drove it home. The soft top is so easy to use. I wanted one of these cars ever since they were first introduced but they just didn't seem very practical. I have never regretted buy this car and I'm sure I never will.

We Like It !!
By Clarke George on 11/05/04 14:48 PM (PST)

With 1,233 miles on it, we left for a 3700 + mile trip from Whidbey Island, WA through OR, NV, AZ,CA and return. Ave. 24+ mpg. Turned heads everywhere. Beamer & Lexus drivers give it a 2nd look. Lots of comments. Fun to drive - good acceleration, stiff suspension & tight steering. Corners flat and hugs the road. Quiet inside w/very little road noise. Came over Donner Pass, westbound on I 80 in a snowstorm, early NOV 04. Sipped tires by Les Schwab - never slipped or broke loose. We pack the trunk like a suitcase - use small overnight bags in & out of the motels. We like it more every time we drive it.