2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
T bird
By Steve on 12/27/05 02:09 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I am 6'2 and have problems driving the vehicle. I am also a mechanic, and find it very difficult to do the simplest of all chores on this vehicle. I am not a fan of the automatic transmission; I think Ford should have offered a five speed or six speed manual with the vehicle. The car does rattle and have some squeaks, but that's a Ford product for ya. Also the hard top leaks and is difficult to put on. Pros - the car is a head turner. Everywhere I go with it, people look. The seats are indeed comfortable, and the sound system is really nice. As for design, I love the way it emulates the old T-birds. The convertible top is great, and it's easy to operate. The 3.9L V8 runs smoothly.

Strange issues
By SFV-Man on 08/16/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The charm and joy of driving is great. The quirks heating (SaunaBird) of the interior when idling is awful, transmission still slams into Drive, clock (third) still runs slow, rattling top, electronic bugs, lack of amenities (like a stripped Lincoln LS), etc. For the price this is a slapped together car. Too bad. Many trips to dealer did not work out the problems. Ford didn't help. Ford made this car an orphan and dropped it at the orphanage. Bill Ford should be ashamed.

Thunderbird Ride
By David F. Candelaria on 03/20/05 19:36 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I, who are in our early 50's were looking for a convertible for Sunday and getaway drives to the coast. We test drove several cars, all convertibles, a Crossfire SRT (330 h.p.), a Nissan 350 & a Vette. The Crossfire was simply too small. The Vette actually body swayed at high speeds. The Nissan was nice but too many on the road. The T-Bird was perfect! We got the premium package and it's a great ride with good road feel and more than enough power with 280 horses. It's a very comfortable ride and the Select Shift is good on curved roads. The stereo is great with three settings for top down, up and driver alone in car. Further, there's not too many on the road.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool on 12/29/04 00:23 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the Lexus SC430 and the Ford Thunderbird I have purchased has surpassed it in both ride and performance. I shopped around and drove many convertibles but once I got into the Thunderbird it was easy to determine which vehicle I would be buying. Since I have purchased it I have been more pleased in all aspects that you would consider. It is one vehicle that once I brought it home, I haven't been sorry for spending a little more than planned with what I have received.

Performance with Style
By Joe Cool on 12/29/04 00:23 AM (PST)

Ford
By Bud on 12/19/04 12:14 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This Lemon breaks down about every 1,000 miles or so. Had it towed in twice this month--one time on the way back home from the dealership from its last repair. Frequent failures apparently due to the electrical system, factory installed stereo not wired in correctly, coils have failed twice, not what we expected for a "high- end" car.

2003 T-Bird
By Mike on 12/13/04 19:23 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The only weak link in this vehicle is the transmission. Some of the cars need to have the pcm reflashed in order to achieve smooth shifting.

EXCELLENT CAR !!!!
By firstliner on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is is the best in all ways of any I've ever owned. VERY comfortable. Does not hurt my bad back even after 8-10 hours of driving. It handles better than expensive, foreign sports cars that I've driven. Extremely responsive and fun to drive. Independent Short and Long Arm front and rear suspension. Does not drive like a Ford at all. Plenty of pick up and speed. No hesitation at all. Braking system is excellent. Four wheel traction control, anti-lock disc brakes. Plenty of storage space for a small car. Convertible top goes up and down VERY easily. Removable hard top great for the winter. I can't say enough good things about this car.

awesome
By tbird lover on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

great styling and mixture of sport and luxury, Unbelievable attention this car gets. It is a testimonial to the incredible job Ford did in recreating teh t-bird legacy

Worth waiting for
By LuAnnette on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I had wanted a Thunderbird ever since I saw the first one in 1955. It took 49 years, but when I saw the Pacific Coast Highway edition I knew I could wait no longer. It is not only beautiful, but also lots of fun to drive. Since there were only 1000 of these made I can't remain anonymous in my town!