Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Fun Car
By RJRamos

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy the comfort and style T-bird brings to driving. Performs on a dime.Does need more trunk room. When handling on the road this car size and weight is more comfortable than many other cars in its class.

Favorite Features

6 CD track player. Removeable hard top.

Suggested Improvements

None

I LOVE MY T-BIRD
By BMMONT

THE T-BIRD IS A GREAT CAR TO DRIVE. PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE INSIDE AND A BEAUTY ON THE OUTSIDE. I ALWAYS WANTED A T-BIRD WHEN I WAS A KID, NOW I FINALY GOT THE CHANCE TO OWN ONE. GET ONE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Favorite Features

BEAUTIFUL DESIGN, GREAT GET UP AN GO.

Suggested Improvements

GET RID OF THE TACHOMETER AND REPLACE IT WITH A GPS SYSTEM.

Wouldn't Drive Anything but my TBird
By merryelle

After extensive research among all convertibles in the TBIRD class, I chose Ford's Hardtop Thunderbird Convertible because of how well it handled on the road. I went from a Lincoln Navigator (still in the garage) to the TBIRD, and found the TBIRD to be so much fun to drive. I can get 2 complete sets of golf clubs in the trunk. The TBIRD is larger than most sportscars and the insurance isn't based on a "sportscar", just a sedan. The doors are long. Seating is comfortable, and I have had ZERO problems with my "TBIRD". It's wonderful. Wouldn't change my mind, even if someone tempted me with a free Audi TT...

Favorite Features

I love the size, it can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in trunk, goes from 5mph to 65mph in seconds, comfortable,sound system - terrific, love the convertible. Love to shift into gear.Steering's great.I feel safe driving my TBIRD even without the top.

Suggested Improvements

Easier way to remove the hardtop, maybe use Mercedez Benz hardtop reclining technology. Other than that, I have everything I want in a "sportscar".

gas hog
By gorilla

this car is more fun than my 64 mustang, but sucks up high test gas like a sponge. One day on i-95, i barely touched the pedal & found myself doing 120mph. it cruises at 80mph & it's the most comfortable car i've ever had.Miami to Palm Beach is 130miles roundtrip & it uses at least half a tank. if i'd known how much hightest gas it drank, i never would have bought it.but it's a fantastic car otherwise!!! So if gas isn't a issue,buy one.

Favorite Features

comfort &speed & the looks i get everywhere i go.

Suggested Improvements

put in a engine that uses regular gas.And a locking gas port.

My birthday present
By Jackelyn

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My husband bought this beautiful car for my birthday, it was the dealers show room model and I love everything about it, a dream car and I feel like a Princess when I drive into town. Thumbs up to Ford.

Favorite Features

Style, awsome power, great handling

Suggested Improvements

An easier way to cover the convertable top, my fingers are not strong enough to snap the clips, so I leave it off, otherwise leave it alone