Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

2004 makes 3
By Elijahbird

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2004 Merlot with Sand package. I have 2 other Thunderbirds, a '56 and a '66 that are show cars. I wasn't that fond of the new style when it first came out, but I grew to like it. When I saw the car in the Merlot color, I jumped off the fence and bought one. The performane was a little surprising. It really flys....I really liked the 2002 Tbird Blue, but didn't want to buy a first-year model.

Favorite Features

I like the style and see few around. The porthole top is a real design cue from the past, and some people like it better with the top on.

Suggested Improvements

Make the sunvisor swing to the left, instead of being fixed to the front only!

Dream Car for Bill
By Meek

What a dream to drive! My wife tells me I drive better now than ever before. But it's the ease of handling of the T- Bird not my driving ability. There is plenty of power when you need it and the responce to your needs is so silky smooooth it's unbelievable. The ride is excellent and the comfort decent. The controls are not fancy but practical and accessible. It is a looker! Heads turn all the time as I'm driving to work--I drive it every chance I get. Try one! I guarentee you love driving it.

Suggested Improvements

There are only a few draw back: 1. There are large blind spots when driving with the hard top on or convertible top up. 2. The trunk is very small. 3. It requires premium gas.

Wonderful!
By gwal4861

2004 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this car is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had, and I've been driving Vettes sinse 77.

Favorite Features

Just the way it looks and drives! I've received more comments and compliments on this car than I ever did with the Vettes!

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them!!!!

It's a neat car
By Tom Sullivan

I have owned this car for over 8 months and I find it one to the best cars I'v ever owned. I think the car got a bum rap when it was first interduced when the Dealers were trying to get an 25 to 30% more because it was a new car on the market. Than Ford Motor could not deliver the T-birds because of production problem. It left a bad teast in the mouth of the buyers that wanted one. There is one bad guy in this whole marketing program and thats Ford Motor because it's a great car and Ford just dropped the ball

Favorite Features

The looks, the ride, and the sound system

Suggested Improvements

The top to slide in the trunk

WOW! FIFTIES FUN RE-VISITED
By Curtis Patrick

Car purchased brand new in 2002 (no category in upper field)Excellent fit inside & out. Superb paint job. Ford replaced bad battery---that's it. Drove from Kansas City, KS /MO to Las Vegas, NV., handled tight, strong firm. quiet & comfortable on highway; quick to respond. Great Cruiser No mechanical probs. Great power at Loveland Pass at about 8,000 ft. in CO. C.P.

Favorite Features

Engine Power very strong. This 3.9L must be de-rated for 252 HP. Excellent Transmission---smooth, no surges, lunges or clashes. Love the clear-coat metallic T-BIRD Blue paint. Quality soft top. Many compliments on road. Handles superbly. C.P.

Suggested Improvements

None.