Used 2004 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

2004 makes 3
By Elijahbird

2004 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2004 Merlot with Sand package. I have 2 other Thunderbirds, a '56 and a '66 that are show cars. I wasn't that fond of the new style when it first came out, but I grew to like it. When I saw the car in the Merlot color, I jumped off the fence and bought one. The performane was a little surprising. It really flys....I really liked the 2002 Tbird Blue, but didn't want to buy a first-year model.

I like the style and see few around. The porthole top is a real design cue from the past, and some people like it better with the top on.

Make the sunvisor swing to the left, instead of being fixed to the front only!

Dream Car for Bill
By Meek

What a dream to drive! My wife tells me I drive better now than ever before. But it's the ease of handling of the T- Bird not my driving ability. There is plenty of power when you need it and the responce to your needs is so silky smooooth it's unbelievable. The ride is excellent and the comfort decent. The controls are not fancy but practical and accessible. It is a looker! Heads turn all the time as I'm driving to work--I drive it every chance I get. Try one! I guarentee you love driving it.

There are only a few draw back: 1. There are large blind spots when driving with the hard top on or convertible top up. 2. The trunk is very small. 3. It requires premium gas.

Wonderful!
By gwal4861

2004 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this car is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had, and I've been driving Vettes sinse 77.

Just the way it looks and drives! I've received more comments and compliments on this car than I ever did with the Vettes!

Keep making them!!!!

Day One Review
By MapleRidge

Drove the car about 100 miles with the top down in the Washington,DC suburbs. The car has great looks and styling. This car is fun to drive. The 280 horsepower from the 3.9L V8 engine gives plenty of power from both a standing start and when passing on the highway. The 17 inch V rated performance tires keep the car glued to the road.

Performance and road feel in this car are excellent The leather seating provides a firm, comfortable ride for driver and passenger. The convertible top is easy to take down and the optional boot cover provides a seamless fit.

At highway speeds (top down)the wind caused the back of the drivers seat to flutter. Removing the hardtopis tricky/ requires two adults. Persons over six ft tall are challenged to enter/exit the vehicle. Improved neck support from headrest that adjusted forward/rearward.

"OUTSTANDING, APPEALING
By Sharon E. Osborn

We own the 2003, Desert Sky-blue Hardtop. Fun to drive, we love the car. Have had many differnt Ford's during our driving lifetime. Still have a 72,A/C,351 Cleveland Eng, conv. red/white,outstanding to org. soft top. Both in our local parade this year. Hard to decide which one to drive! All models have their shorcomings, the T-Bird..not many.

Removal hardtop. A new look when use, a new look, when not used. The Kiester- Heaters..great with the top down and a cool breeze blowing.

Just keep it up Ford Designer's. We've had some poor years with Model(s) design. They all looked homogenized.