2003 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Review: Rare Bird in a world of look a

2003 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Thunderbird

Deluxe Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca. on

2003 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.

Thunderbird, RWD, V8, 2 seater, open top, soft top. The car came with the hard top, I took it off on the first day and have never put it on again. I may, I don't care if it "squeaks", it should.

It's too late now, but the grill could be refined, maybe the interior reworked a bit. If you complain about storage and room, buy an SUV. Speed and handling, buy something else. In the real world, all the performance and handling you need is there.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review