Hanging On To My Youth
By Tcocove on
2003 Ford Thunderbird Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
At 55, my T'bird is helping me hang on to what's left of my youth! A neighbor had a '57 and I just loved his car and dreamed that someday. My T'bird rides a little heavy and sometimes feels like its floating. Both inside and out, it is just retro beautiful and everybody who sees it has a T'bird story to tell me. My story happened last Oct. when a Park policeman pulled me over for speeding. He told me that he had a '56 and that mine was the first new one he had seen on the parkway. He asked me if he could drive mine! And who would say no to a policeman? 15 minutes later he returned with a big smile. By the way, I didn't get a ticket!
Favorite Features
I love the turquoise and chrome, retro T'bird logo that is on the hood, dash, behind the seat and on the trunk. The overall design of this car is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
The "floating" feel on the highway and the gas mileage. I realize it is a V-8, but with the current gas prices and the hi-test requirement, it gets expensive to drive.