2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
02 T-Bird review
By richkpat on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We have only had the car couple of weeks, however, we live in St. Louis, MO and purshased the car in White Plains NY over the internet. It was over a 1000 miles back to St. Louis. We drove through four hours of storms during the trip back and the car handled well under terrible driving conditions. I look foreward to our next road trip in the T-Bird.

Great car
By Gfoos on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Car is fun to drive, comfortable and looks great. What else is there to say?

Absolutely the best
By B Happee on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have a 2003 007 edition. I have never had another car in 30 years that has been so much fun. It also moves. The 280 horses are unbelievable. The ride is smooth as silk. I road in a friend's Boxster the other day and was stunned when I realized how much better my Bird rides. The turning radius is the shortest I have ever had. U turns in two lanes leave you room to spare. The radio/CD is fabulous and very clear even with the top down at high speeds.

What A Great Car !
By Ron Levine on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have always wanted a convertible sports car and found my dream when I purchased a 2003 Thunderbird. Before I purchased the Thunderbird, I had owned a 1999 XJ8 Jaguar. The Thunderbird performs on the same level as the XJ8 and it's even more fun to drive. No matter where I drive, people are constantly staring or pointing out the car as it passes. If I just take a short drive, at least 3 or 4 folks turn their heads or make a nice comment if I'm at a stop sign or red light. I am fully enjoying this car and at age 55 am having the time of my life driving it.

T-Bird
By tolatro on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This a great vehicle which captures a hint of the past with all of today's technology. The ride and handling is superb and the build quality is excellent. This vehicle clearly outpaces it competition by a significant margin. The select shift option is quite worthwhile if only as a second choice behind a standard transmission. The instrument panel should have been complemented with a full analog guage package. Overall it is a 10.

My Second Chance
By Gary Clark on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I purchased one of the first all Thunderbird Blue models on the road back in February of 2002, and have loved the car ever since. It is the perfect combination of comfortable road car and sporty performance car. And that body . . . . Now that I've owned the car for a year and driven it just over 3,000 miles, I know that love at first sight has become a love that will last forever. I never thought I'd get a second chance to by a new Thunderbird with the style and class of the originals, but there you are.

Bluebird
By Rodney Goforth on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Absolutely the most fun vehicle we have ever owned. Retro styling with 03 sophistication and power. The Corvette stays in the garage most of the time.

the
By L-E on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Have had the T-Bird just over a year and have had NO problems, other than having to get used to strangers talking to me constantly, waving, giving thumbs up, etc. While seats are adult-sized, which is GREAT, there isn't much room for anything else; I even got a smaller purse. However, have done road trips with 4 cats and 2 dogs with no fighting. Trunk room is small, but I've now seen smaller! (VW new beetle conv.). There is a wave of approval that floats your ride in this car, which is backed up by its exceptional performance (EXCELLENT acceleration when you want it).

There you go!
By acesin on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Compared to the BMW 3-series and other cars of this category, taking into account cost etc. this car wins hands down. Look at this way...would you rather buy a car that looks like a Honda or Vega from the rear or this babe. Come on now...really! Also, she purrs like a cat!!

Wow...they got it right....
By steve p on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I saw the picture over two years ago, and started saving right away. The car responds to all my commands, and is built to seat a man of 6', 235. The weight of the vehicle (almost 3900 lbs) makes me feel like i have control and the power allows for quick accelaration and just wonderful confidence for passing. The subtle 'grumbling' of the exhaust has me driving with the sound system off. Although i would of like to have seen a non-Lincoln interior and maybe a bit more trunk space, this car is all i hoped it would be...good job Ford, now teach the dealers what gas to recommend and that this is not a Focus or Mustang and the buyers are a bit more refined.