2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Happy 'Bout My Bird
By tbirdman on 02/05/05 18:55 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

After drooling over her for a month at the dealership, I couldn't help but take her home. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. The hardtop / softtop feature allows for variety according to the seasons. It has wonderful power and handling. It is definitely a head-turner.

Love this car !!
By Blackbirds on 12/12/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Everyday I drive this car somebody compliments me. Looks great, rides great. No mechanical problems. Go drive one and you'll buy one. If you want more power add the K&N typhoon intake kit and Borla exhaust and you're over 300HP

2003 whisper white conv.
By ipsilver on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

the car has guts...and hurls itself around curves..like all fords..has fogging problems in humid or wet weather..no much discernible road noise...could be appointed less austerely..although the retro baby blue gauges and the opera roof with portholes are neat...the car has a problem when removing the hard top...the web sites warn that the paint will come up...and it did on the trunk deck..close to the back window..had to be repainted..has had a brake seal leak inside of 4,000 miles and fixed with new part ..at dealership..

Great car!
By Titman on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Unbelievable a car this small could ride like a Linclon and the JAG engine is awesome, fast, fast, fast, 25MPG overall. Transmission like silk and option to manual shift or auto shift nice. 6K miles and not the first defect of any sort. Trunk small and cockpit only made for two. Had a few nice sports cars in my time and TBird the most fun and get a lot of thumbs up from other motorists. Yup, it's definitely a head turner and we get a lot of compliments.

THIS IS A TRUE CLASSIC
By CAROLINA DOC on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

THIS AUTOMOBILE IS SURE TO GO DOWN IN ICON HISTORY ALONG WITH THE ORIGINAL 1955 MODEL. THE STYLING TURNS HEADS AROUND EVERY BEND, BUT MOST OF ALL, IT'S JUST FUN TO DRIVE. AND JUST AS THE BEACH BOYS SAID, 'WE'LL HAVE FUN, FUN, FUN TILL DADDY TAKES THE T-BIRD AWAY!!" THE RIDE IS SMOOTH, THE ENGINE PURRS, AND THE HANDLING IS AS GOOD AS ON ANY BMW I HAVE EVER OWNED.

My Dream Car
By mia on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Black on Black and totally gorgeous. I pinstriped this baby with a subtle red.. and of course pinstriped my name on both doors! All TBird owners are sure to love their cars..but I feel like one with mine! I have had the fortune to have owned and driven some of the best cars ever made, including Mercedes, Jaguar, and BMW.. this car is the only car I claim to love driving, for the whole experience put together. It handles the road, is comfortable in all of it's features, and NOTHING beats the style and look of it!

More Than A Car - An Experience
By mckmbr on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have been reading with great interest the postings of people who seem to be totally mesmerized by their Thunderbirds. This seemed a bit much. Then came a perfect day in North Georgia and a chance to go to the mountains. The car was clean and shiny, the engine purred with that familiar tune, and the cd player entertained as we headed north. The car and the day were a perfect match and I was hooked. So, now I understand - it's more than the beauty of the car; it's the exhilarating feeling that comes from driving the Thunderbird. What a day, what a feeling, what a car!

Can't complain!
By schmidtchap on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I mean... I really can't complain. I've owned an escort, probe, and mustang, all within the last 3 years. I could find several things to complain about with each car though each had its strengths. However, when it comes to the Thunderbird, I just stand (or sit there it the heated leather) with my mouth hanging open and saliva trickling down. Just look at the ratings... 9.8! The consumers have it right this time... not the editors. Ford does have a better idea from time to time, but this time they put all their better.. no best ideas into one car. What a car! The perfect blend of luxury, sport, and classic styling.

The Greatest!
By Black Bird on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car! Always wanted a CLASSIC BIRD! Owned a Porsche Targa, several Mercedes, BMW, etc. over the years and this by far is my favorite car ever. It is such a nice handling car and beautiful with all the bells and whistles. I could drive it all day!

AWESOME
By Speedy1 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My dad bought this car and he just loves it. He left for a week on a business trip and I had the pleasure of driving it for that week:-) This car loves to go fast, or at least I love to go fast in it. It is amazingly quiet at 80 down the freeway, even with the top down. Great to blow the "fast and furious Honda" off the line. This car can hit 130 without much dificulty, from what I hear;-) this car has a kickin' sound system with great bass. Get lots of looks. This car is a BEAUTIFUL Luxury car with the ability to get-up-and-GO.