Used 2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Luv My Bird
By David R. Adinolfi

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2003 T'Bird primarily for my wife. We started our special car life with an MGA 40 odd years ago. It was fun, but now in our older years we appreciate the amenities in our Bird. It has good power, special looks and it's fun to drive. It is really comfortable for a car this size and we appreciate that since neither of us is small. And it will accommodate 2 full sets of golf clubs. We couldn't ask for a better, and for us, practical fun car.

Seats are comfortable. Trunk is big enough for our needs. Fun to drive due to power and styling. In my opinion, it's better than the original '55-57 model.

White wall tires and wire wheels.

Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca.

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.

Thunderbird, RWD, V8, 2 seater, open top, soft top. The car came with the hard top, I took it off on the first day and have never put it on again. I may, I don't care if it "squeaks", it should.

It's too late now, but the grill could be refined, maybe the interior reworked a bit. If you complain about storage and room, buy an SUV. Speed and handling, buy something else. In the real world, all the performance and handling you need is there.

2003 T Bird
By TP

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

All around great car. Ford got it right for those of use who wanted a boulevard cruiser.

Top down driving and throttle response. Great stereo too.

Tighter suspension in the corners and greater trunk size.

What Cheryl thinks...
By CHERYL

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a blast to drive. I still get looks every day. Even by Corvette owners. I have the James Bond 007 version. Only made 700 of them.

The style is just so cool. Love the front end. No mechanical problems yet!

Navigational system would have been nice. Or satellite radio.

#92 on 2003 production Line
By Jim Jette

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Car had no problems until 20-22K. Had right rear brake caliper stick; wearing out pads/scoring disk; Throttle body (fuel regulator system) had to be replaced. Rear defroster switch stayed on with hard top on; drained battery. Had random slap in transmission. Took in twice; tech could not find. Finally at 3 year(30K mileage) another tech spotted problem in auto transmission shifting module. The visor (where you view mileage etc) was dirty on inside; tech got dirty when removing dashboard to replace rear defroster module. Tires wore out at 31K. Car has had tires and oil changed every 3K. Original tires made you feel like you were floating in car. I weigh 230lbs; need seat to go back & recline 3-4 more inches.

Cool reverse wedge design; gentleman's sports car. Cheaper to maintain than Porsche Boxster or Audi TT. Rag top goes up and down in a zip. Good storage rack & cover supplied with hard top. Works well in here in Texas 100+ degree heat. I have trailer hitch that pulls a glider trailer with no problem.

Add better rearview mirror that has compass embedded; add lighted reflectors in bottom of doors when opening.