Used 2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

true beauty
By Gator Bait

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Triple black, color, interior, soft and hard tops. amazing car that handles very well and with plenty of power. Has 95K and started running rough but ford came thru and replaced 5 of the 8 coils under warranty (till 100K on coils)and now runs as new, oh did I say ford replaced plugs and did a tune up for just parts for the inconvenience. I'm 6'5" and with the soft top on its tight but with hard top or top down its fine

Favorite Features

looks, performance and attention

Suggested Improvements

more legroom

Luv My Bird
By David R. Adinolfi

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2003 T'Bird primarily for my wife. We started our special car life with an MGA 40 odd years ago. It was fun, but now in our older years we appreciate the amenities in our Bird. It has good power, special looks and it's fun to drive. It is really comfortable for a car this size and we appreciate that since neither of us is small. And it will accommodate 2 full sets of golf clubs. We couldn't ask for a better, and for us, practical fun car.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable. Trunk is big enough for our needs. Fun to drive due to power and styling. In my opinion, it's better than the original '55-57 model.

Suggested Improvements

White wall tires and wire wheels.

Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca.

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.

Favorite Features

Thunderbird, RWD, V8, 2 seater, open top, soft top. The car came with the hard top, I took it off on the first day and have never put it on again. I may, I don't care if it "squeaks", it should.

Suggested Improvements

It's too late now, but the grill could be refined, maybe the interior reworked a bit. If you complain about storage and room, buy an SUV. Speed and handling, buy something else. In the real world, all the performance and handling you need is there.

2003 T Bird
By TP

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

All around great car. Ford got it right for those of use who wanted a boulevard cruiser.

Favorite Features

Top down driving and throttle response. Great stereo too.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter suspension in the corners and greater trunk size.

What Cheryl thinks...
By CHERYL

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a blast to drive. I still get looks every day. Even by Corvette owners. I have the James Bond 007 version. Only made 700 of them.

Favorite Features

The style is just so cool. Love the front end. No mechanical problems yet!

Suggested Improvements

Navigational system would have been nice. Or satellite radio.