2003 Ford Thunderbird 3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic w/Removable Hard Top Consumer Review - 2 New Thunderbirds bad paint

2003 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Review

Deluxe Convertible (3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic w/Removable Hard Top)

2 New Thunderbirds bad paint finish
By W. P. Stephenson on

2003 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

We have purchased 2 new T=Birds both 2002's They are the Blue and yellow colors that were both discountinued after the 2002 build year. The yellow car has the worst paint job I have ever seen on a new car. I'm talking about in the small places like where the gas tank nozzel is, mostly over spray with very little paint, paint on the rubber parts under the hood where you would not expect paint for a car that cost this much. The Blue car has more mechanical problems, window track breaking, top making a thud when retracking. little felt things coming out of sun visors, bottoming out-struts were replaced, still bottoms out

Favorite Features

Steering wheel that goes up when you turn off the key, 6 player CD, Temp control for driver and passenger. Car design it's self

Suggested Improvements

replace emergency brake handel with a self releasing peddel redo drink holders as to increase console length, make visors so they can go to the side of the window and not just one position.
By computerlen
on 02/21/15 15:41 PM (PST)

I am really sorry to hear about all of the troubles you have had with your cars. My used 2003 T-Bird has not given me any trouble so far and it has over 100,000 miles on it.