2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
euro bird?
By bird watcher on 08/28/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned mine for two years and just love it. This is my 4th tbird. If you are looking for a newly made but vintage looking tbird this is not it. Ford designers missed the mark. I have been told it looks more European than a remake of any tbird by most. But forget its supposed to be a tbird and judge the car for itself. It is fast. It is very well made. It is a convertible or a hardtop. It rides like a luxury car but is still sporty. It is loaded with options. It is very affordable and nothing in its class comes close to having all these virtues. In my opinion it is just one of the best cars made in the last 20 years.

true beauty
By Gator Bait on 05/25/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Triple black, color, interior, soft and hard tops. amazing car that handles very well and with plenty of power. Has 95K and started running rough but ford came thru and replaced 5 of the 8 coils under warranty (till 100K on coils)and now runs as new, oh did I say ford replaced plugs and did a tune up for just parts for the inconvenience. I'm 6'5" and with the soft top on its tight but with hard top or top down its fine

Luv My Bird
By David R. Adinolfi on 05/19/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2003 T'Bird primarily for my wife. We started our special car life with an MGA 40 odd years ago. It was fun, but now in our older years we appreciate the amenities in our Bird. It has good power, special looks and it's fun to drive. It is really comfortable for a car this size and we appreciate that since neither of us is small. And it will accommodate 2 full sets of golf clubs. We couldn't ask for a better, and for us, practical fun car.

Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca. on 02/07/07 15:15 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.

2003 T Bird
By TP on 08/11/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

All around great car. Ford got it right for those of use who wanted a boulevard cruiser.

What Cheryl thinks...
By CHERYL on 07/23/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a blast to drive. I still get looks every day. Even by Corvette owners. I have the James Bond 007 version. Only made 700 of them.

#92 on 2003 production Line
By Jim Jette on 07/19/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Car had no problems until 20-22K. Had right rear brake caliper stick; wearing out pads/scoring disk; Throttle body (fuel regulator system) had to be replaced. Rear defroster switch stayed on with hard top on; drained battery. Had random slap in transmission. Took in twice; tech could not find. Finally at 3 year(30K mileage) another tech spotted problem in auto transmission shifting module. The visor (where you view mileage etc) was dirty on inside; tech got dirty when removing dashboard to replace rear defroster module. Tires wore out at 31K. Car has had tires and oil changed every 3K. Original tires made you feel like you were floating in car. I weigh 230lbs; need seat to go back & recline 3-4 more inches.

Black Bird
By scott hogeland on 01/06/06 21:36 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Best driving & handling car I have ever owned. Battery was dead upon delivery, but car had been sitting for a long time. Ignition switch locked up and could not be turned - dealer fixed with new switch. Transmission shows "E" while traveling. Water leak in drivers side window. All supposed to be fixed per TSB guidelines. Strange problems for a premium car.

blue bird
By IGOTAV8 on 01/06/06 19:12 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a head-turner. I've received plenty of comments concerning the looks but when asked if it's fun to drive that's a harder question. The transmission jerks when you are coasting, then have to speed up. The hard top creaks and doesn't always provide a tight water seal. I've had several unfound electrical problems such as shutting the trunk causes the lights to flash and sometimes when I turn the wheel it changes from CD to radio. I still like to turn heads and love the nice comments so I'll endure the minor problems.

Ford T-Bird
By ecs on 12/26/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The new Ford T-Birds have a unique design that gains a lot of attention. It handles like a sports car, with the interior and comfort of a luxury automobile. Though not very roomy, it is the perfect fun in the sun car.