2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Attracts attention
By lhaskins on 08/07/14 20:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2003 T-Bird (torch red with white roof) new and have had it ever since. It is not our primary car although we originally bought it for my wife to take to work. It was not long before we placed it in the garage (where it is now) with a dust cover on it. With 21,000+ it is more of a "toy" to enjoy riding in around town when the weather is cooperative. It is not comfortable enough for us to take on long trips, but it still attracts attention. I do all of my own service and it has had no major problems. vlh

Loving my car
By computerlen on 01/25/14 13:38 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I own a red '03. I absolutely love it! I bought it back in March and only drove it until September when I placed it into storage. I have wanted one since I first saw a used 2002 yellow t-bird at a Ford dealership. I fell in love with it. No other car in my life has excited me-period. I am 66 years old but feel like a teenager when I am driving it. I get looks from many people including children. I did not expect any of this. I just liked the style of the car. One driver on the road called out to me with his thumb up. Another was stopped by the police for speeding but called out to me and said "nice car". I honestly would not sell this car for $10,000 more than what I paid for it.

TOO EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR
By merc51 on 01/04/14 09:29 AM (PST)

Beautiful car. Purchased in January 2013 for wife who loved it. White with hardtop and black and white interior. Had only 73000 miles on it and looked hardly used. came with all service records. Car was fun until the summer when the HVAC fan controller would only run at full blast. Found out that part was unavailable EVERYWHERE in the world but just as important cost to replace was over $1600 in labor! While still trying to find part 3 of the coil on plugs modules failed. Then transmission started to make noises. So car had to go . Loved looks and ride but!

Still great after 9 years
By birdfan on 07/06/12 08:39 AM (PDT)

I bought my new Torch Red Premium with the hard top, select shift and full red accent interior in September 03. With 53K miles, it still looks new and gets noticed all the time. My wife and I have 5 kids and 3 grandkids, so we have a Honda Odyssey as well. The T-bird is our date and anniversary trip car, as well as my daily driver. It has been very reliable, with an occasional coil pack replaced under the 10yr/100K warranty. I plan to grow old with this car!

euro bird?
By bird watcher on 08/28/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned mine for two years and just love it. This is my 4th tbird. If you are looking for a newly made but vintage looking tbird this is not it. Ford designers missed the mark. I have been told it looks more European than a remake of any tbird by most. But forget its supposed to be a tbird and judge the car for itself. It is fast. It is very well made. It is a convertible or a hardtop. It rides like a luxury car but is still sporty. It is loaded with options. It is very affordable and nothing in its class comes close to having all these virtues. In my opinion it is just one of the best cars made in the last 20 years.

true beauty
By Gator Bait on 05/25/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Triple black, color, interior, soft and hard tops. amazing car that handles very well and with plenty of power. Has 95K and started running rough but ford came thru and replaced 5 of the 8 coils under warranty (till 100K on coils)and now runs as new, oh did I say ford replaced plugs and did a tune up for just parts for the inconvenience. I'm 6'5" and with the soft top on its tight but with hard top or top down its fine

Luv My Bird
By David R. Adinolfi on 05/19/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 2003 T'Bird primarily for my wife. We started our special car life with an MGA 40 odd years ago. It was fun, but now in our older years we appreciate the amenities in our Bird. It has good power, special looks and it's fun to drive. It is really comfortable for a car this size and we appreciate that since neither of us is small. And it will accommodate 2 full sets of golf clubs. We couldn't ask for a better, and for us, practical fun car.

Rare Bird in a world of look alikes
By csp.la.ca. on 02/07/07 15:15 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The Thunderbird is unique. After almost 3 years of ownership, I still get looks, questions and comments. They call the style retro, but actually it is a modern take of the early T-birds. The interior, I think is not unique but pretty good. For some reason I prefer the T-Bird to my BMW 540I. I like the car, I like the experience of owning the car. I was going to buy something else, but I can't find another $45K car I would rather have. For now it is a keeper. If I buy another car, I'm keeping the T-Bird. I think soon the value will increase, not as an investment but people will appreciate the car for what it is, a unique, RWD, V8, 4 wheel independent suspension, 2 seater, convertible.

2003 T Bird
By TP on 08/11/06 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

All around great car. Ford got it right for those of use who wanted a boulevard cruiser.

What Cheryl thinks...
By CHERYL on 07/23/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a blast to drive. I still get looks every day. Even by Corvette owners. I have the James Bond 007 version. Only made 700 of them.