Used 2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Attracts attention
By lhaskins

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this 2003 T-Bird (torch red with white roof) new and have had it ever since. It is not our primary car although we originally bought it for my wife to take to work. It was not long before we placed it in the garage (where it is now) with a dust cover on it. With 21,000+ it is more of a "toy" to enjoy riding in around town when the weather is cooperative. It is not comfortable enough for us to take on long trips, but it still attracts attention. I do all of my own service and it has had no major problems. vlh

Loving my car
By computerlen

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I own a red '03. I absolutely love it! I bought it back in March and only drove it until September when I placed it into storage. I have wanted one since I first saw a used 2002 yellow t-bird at a Ford dealership. I fell in love with it. No other car in my life has excited me-period. I am 66 years old but feel like a teenager when I am driving it. I get looks from many people including children. I did not expect any of this. I just liked the style of the car. One driver on the road called out to me with his thumb up. Another was stopped by the police for speeding but called out to me and said "nice car". I honestly would not sell this car for $10,000 more than what I paid for it.

too many to list

The sun visors do not turn left or right and the parking break should be better positioned because you cannot set it without sliding your hand along your passenger's leg

TOO EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR
By merc51

Beautiful car. Purchased in January 2013 for wife who loved it. White with hardtop and black and white interior. Had only 73000 miles on it and looked hardly used. came with all service records. Car was fun until the summer when the HVAC fan controller would only run at full blast. Found out that part was unavailable EVERYWHERE in the world but just as important cost to replace was over $1600 in labor! While still trying to find part 3 of the coil on plugs modules failed. Then transmission started to make noises. So car had to go . Loved looks and ride but!

Looks and ride and very quick acceleration.

Needs parts reliability and more importantly parts availability. It is easier to get parts for a Model T!

Still great after 9 years
By birdfan

I bought my new Torch Red Premium with the hard top, select shift and full red accent interior in September 03. With 53K miles, it still looks new and gets noticed all the time. My wife and I have 5 kids and 3 grandkids, so we have a Honda Odyssey as well. The T-bird is our date and anniversary trip car, as well as my daily driver. It has been very reliable, with an occasional coil pack replaced under the 10yr/100K warranty. I plan to grow old with this car!

Style, comfort, great balance between handling/ride

Memory seats would have been good. Soft and hard tops create pretty sporty blind spots, but I keep the top down as much as possible. It's really everything I'd hoped it would be when I bought it.

euro bird?
By bird watcher

2003 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned mine for two years and just love it. This is my 4th tbird. If you are looking for a newly made but vintage looking tbird this is not it. Ford designers missed the mark. I have been told it looks more European than a remake of any tbird by most. But forget its supposed to be a tbird and judge the car for itself. It is fast. It is very well made. It is a convertible or a hardtop. It rides like a luxury car but is still sporty. It is loaded with options. It is very affordable and nothing in its class comes close to having all these virtues. In my opinion it is just one of the best cars made in the last 20 years.

removable top with porthole windows, premium stereo, leg room, looks

a lighter top. the current one weighs 80+ pounds.