I must have the lemon
By T-Bird RN on
2002 Ford Thunderbird Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)
I love my T-bird. Felt like the queen of the road. But recently have been having problems one day out of no where it overheated, 3 engine fans gone bad, then transmission leaking it was rebuilt. just the other day driving down the road felt like I was going over rumble strips car bucking took it back for check up, seems when they had it on the road test could find anything. I guess it did not act up for them. Suggested could be torque converter and to bring it back when it happens all the time. I thought ford was built tough. I have 6 other Ford vehicles with over 200 thousand miles and no transmission or engine problems. What happened to the T-Bird?
Favorite Features
I love everything about the T-Bird it is fast, smooth on the road, love having 2 cars in one. Just when you get tired of the convertible and the weather is getting cold you pop on the hard shell top and you have quiet and protection from the winter and a new look. It is a fun car and my love.
Suggested Improvements
I know they are not making them any more, I thought if I bought the concept car of 2002 it might be a collectors item, not sure if that was so good. I guess I should have waited until profection was made. May not have had as many problems with the engine or transmission