2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
2002 THUNDERBIRD
By JIMNEAT on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Most fun car I have ever owned. Previous cars have been Mustangs, Pontiac GTO and Camaro. The new Thunder Bird provides the fun/looks of the old 2 seat birds with modern technology and reliability. I love it.

A Great Fun Car!
By asg420 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

nothing beats this car if you are looking for a fun, cool, smooth ride! Besides the looks and sares and thumbs up you get whil;e driving - the car is really comfortable and smooth - Stereo is great with top up or down - Hard top removal needs two people . Conv top works great - HUGE trunk!!!! Seriously for a car like this - the tunk is functional - Try getting that many grocery bags in a boxter or z3 or miatia - If yo love the way it looks - You'll love the way it drives -

Love My New T-bird
By birdlover on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Drove past the dealer and saw my new T- bird. Knew it was mine before I bought it. I love the ride and the feeling I get when driving it. Draws lots of looks and filling up with gas is fun. Attendants just stand ans stare at the car. I usually find a crowd around it when I return to wherever I park it.

A Dream Fulfilled
By tamkmd on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

...if you have to ask, you couldn't possibly understand. I've been looking at classified ads for '57 Tbirds for years. This car is as close as I will get, and I'm embarassed as to the extent to which it is one of the great joys of my life.

Easily The Best Car I've Ever Driven
By BL56 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. It handles like a go-kart but the ride is smooth. The 3.9 litre V-8 sounds like a Formula 1 engine as it approaches the almost 7000 rpm redline. It is fast but very refined. The styling literally draws a crowd everywhere I go. I have driven or owned cars of every type and this is the best. I bought it to resell but I'm keeping it!

Instant Classic
By texpony on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive and a head-turner! Had to wait 13 months from the time myh order was placed, but well worth the wait. Only car I ever bought that was worth more when I drove it off the dealer's lot. Only downside is lack of fuel economy, but I bought it for pleasure and not daily driving.

Overpriced, overhyped piece of scrap.
By Marge Walker on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My husband bought this car for me, and I was shocked to learn it's a $50,000 car. For the engine I got and the styling of the ride, it's worth probably half that amount. The Ford hype-machine lives on, and definitely reeled my husband in, hook-line-and- sinker.

Best Bird Yet.
By JAT on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The new Bird is the best. I have owned 4 over the past 15 years. The ride is wonderful. I sold my 1999 Corvette because of the ride quality. The T-Bird beats it hands down.

Who says you can't go back
By FordA on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great riding car with excellent standard features. Fun to drive and love the nostalgia, like driving the little T- Bird of yore. I own several vintage Fords and people ask us as many questions about the new bird as our older cars (Model A's & an Early V-8). Quite, smooth & powerful.

L'oiseau
By jab on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. Love to drive it. Handles excellent on country road. Visibility with top (hard or soft) is very limited.