2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
A Dream Fulfilled
By tamkmd on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

...if you have to ask, you couldn't possibly understand. I've been looking at classified ads for '57 Tbirds for years. This car is as close as I will get, and I'm embarassed as to the extent to which it is one of the great joys of my life.

Easily The Best Car I've Ever Driven
By BL56 on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. It handles like a go-kart but the ride is smooth. The 3.9 litre V-8 sounds like a Formula 1 engine as it approaches the almost 7000 rpm redline. It is fast but very refined. The styling literally draws a crowd everywhere I go. I have driven or owned cars of every type and this is the best. I bought it to resell but I'm keeping it!

Instant Classic
By texpony on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A pleasure to drive and a head-turner! Had to wait 13 months from the time myh order was placed, but well worth the wait. Only car I ever bought that was worth more when I drove it off the dealer's lot. Only downside is lack of fuel economy, but I bought it for pleasure and not daily driving.

Overpriced, overhyped piece of scrap.
By Marge Walker on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My husband bought this car for me, and I was shocked to learn it's a $50,000 car. For the engine I got and the styling of the ride, it's worth probably half that amount. The Ford hype-machine lives on, and definitely reeled my husband in, hook-line-and- sinker.

Who says you can't go back
By FordA on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great riding car with excellent standard features. Fun to drive and love the nostalgia, like driving the little T- Bird of yore. I own several vintage Fords and people ask us as many questions about the new bird as our older cars (Model A's & an Early V-8). Quite, smooth & powerful.

Best Bird Yet.
By JAT on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The new Bird is the best. I have owned 4 over the past 15 years. The ride is wonderful. I sold my 1999 Corvette because of the ride quality. The T-Bird beats it hands down.

L'oiseau
By jab on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. Love to drive it. Handles excellent on country road. Visibility with top (hard or soft) is very limited.

Pretty but lacks attention to detail
By topher on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A blast to drive, but it lacks the attention to detail and convenient group items of other two seaters that are in the same price range such as the SLK/Z3/S2000/MR2.

Back to the Future-T-Bird
By IllinoisDuke on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is the automobile I always wanted in high school and only in middle age can afford. I have owned a Corvette, MGB, Triumph GT6, an original Pinto, three Camaros, base, Z28. This car in two weeks has received more attention than all of the others put togetjer in the first two weeks. The vehicle is absolutely stunning in appearance, however the driving experiance is even better.The car is confortable, responsive and attracts emormous attention from all groups. As a retired "nerd", "dork", etc. it's a blast.

Love my new Tbird!
By nylaphx on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car, everything I expected and more, just got back from a drive from LA to Phoenix, and the car performed better than I thought it would. Not to mention the stares you get everywhere you go, let me tell you a crowd gathers where ever you park it!