Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

CA Thunder
By Hammer60

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding automobile! I believe so many are brainwashed with the idea that only a car from Japan or Germany is worth anything, that they are blinded to what the US has to offer. Motor Trend tested some 26 different cars for their 2002 car of the year and only one was US, the T-bird. It won by the way! I don't really care if people are closed minded, but it is sad to see them waste all that money on cars that have become a dime a dozen and can not hold a candle to the style, performance and just plain fun that this American legend offers!

Favorite Features

Style, power, performance, handling, and heritage.

Suggested Improvements

I believe it is as it was meant to be. Changes would make it something other than a T-bird.

Finally got my dream car . . .
By ToddMC

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

and it is more than I could have ever hoped for! From the moment I saw the concept version in 2000, I knew I would have to have one of these!! The look, the style, the fit and finish and that low rumble of the engine are all perfect. As many have stated, no high- priced Mercedes, BMW's or Volvo's get the type of admiring glances that this baby does. Having come off being a Mustang GT owner for years (all of which I liked), I am pleased that I have graduated from a fast pony car to a sophisticated boulevardier. Ford could not have done better is designing and producing this car.

Favorite Features

The hard top with porthole; stainless steel appointments and color accents of the interior; retro hints from the '55- 57 and '61 Thunderbirds;

Suggested Improvements

Really nothing. I kinda wish the 4.6l V8 was available but I understand that is Mustang's engine and that the T-Bird is not meant to be a sports car.

I love my new thunderbird
By ron williams

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is excellent in every way!! Being a 2002, it doesn't have heated seats, but if I really needed them I can get a 2003. The car steers well, has adequate power and gets lots of looks. I was not overwhelmed by the styling at first, but a lot of people must like it, because it still attracts a lot of attention. It is a very comfortable car and a joy to own!

Favorite Features

comfort

Suggested Improvements

nothing

MY T BIRD
By JESSE JAYNES SR

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

BEEN WAITING SCINCE 1955. (AS I TELL ALL ME & SANDRA DEE) SEEN HER IN A MOVIE WHEN I WAS A KID DRIVING A 1955 TQUIOS (W PORT HOLE) HAD TO HAVE IT. ABSOLUTLY THE BEST MR JESSE JAYNES SR

Favorite Features

RAIDO CONTROLS=POWER=EAZEY TOP REMOVLE & STORAGE RACK. IT TAKES AWAY ALL OF THE WRENKLES IN A 58 YEAR OLDS FACE :)

Suggested Improvements

BIGGER MOTOR

fun drive
By diecentral

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a "hoot" to own & drive! Get use to complete strangers coming up to you and asking all kinds of questions about the car. It's impractical to own but I'm 60 yrs old & it makes me feel 16 all over again.

Favorite Features

The over all beauty & quality of the car. Hard top is a very nice feature in the winter. The car is really in it's element in the summer with the top down. It goes when you step on the gas & sound nice doing so.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a vanity type package--compass, garage door opener, auto rear mirror dimmer, etc. It goes but a little more horse power would be nice.