Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Satisfied owner
By Fred Altman

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car has performed flawlessly with absolutely no service requirements other than oil changes in the 15,000 miles I have driven it. The only problem I have encountered is hitting my head on the hardtop as I enter the car when it is on. The car attracts much admiring attention from both young and old wherever we go. Trunk could be bigger, but it does haul two suitcases plus several small packages.

Design of both the interior and exterior is extremely reminiscent of the 1957 T-bird we owned at one time. This is a much more functional driver. The power top is easy to use The adjustable steering column is great as well as the window glass which snugs up after entry to reduce wind noise.

I would have liked a cassette tape player in addition to CD player. Trunk could be a bit more spacious.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Dee

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Inherited this little beauty from my godmother with only 3k miles on it - I can't believe now that I tried to talk her out of buying it! (She and her husband had matching '55's in their day). The "Bird" helped to make her last few months more enjoyable, and will now give me several years of enjoyment. Great vehicle performance, and what a head turner!

The opera window - it just spells C-L-A-S-S.

Seating could be a bit more comfortable for long trips - but no real complaints here.

Best Bird yet
By Leisha TBN

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Best and most fun car a 50 year old could want!

Removable top, Port hole window is a real attention grabber.

More performance parts.

Most Fun I've Driven in Years
By JonG

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of an XJ8VDP for this car. I own a '96 Red XJS that is supposed to be my summer fun car - BUT - This car gets more looks, comments and thumbs up than the Jaguar (mine is Yellow with the two-tone yellow black interior). SHARP. Best surprise was power and performance - way better than I expected and cheap to maintain. Plus now that they are going bye-bye it'll be even a rarer sight. Not a practical car as far as 2 seater, shallow trunk.

Styling, head turning, retro details, hardtop/convertible, power, affordability. Insurance is reasonable - cars safety, injury and theft ratings are untouched in its class - ask your agent to look them up!

Heated seats, navigation, better factory ait-starter option (this is a one button start and stop - the Astro start is better but not covered by warranty). Extended warranty is over-priced. Roof seals are marginal.

I Love My T-Bird
By szwickel

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My 2002 Red Ford T-Bird (hard top and convertible) is the most wonderful car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and I just love the fact that after 2 and1/2 years, people still stop and comment on what a gorgeous car it is and how wonderful it is that Ford brought the car back. I always wanted the 1955 T-bird, but could not afford it, and when I finally could, my husband objected to buying such an old car. As soon as he saw the 2002 T-Bird he bought it for me and gave it to me as a surprise. The car looks good, drives like a dream and is fun to be in and be seen in.Thank you for bringing it back.

The style, the color, the fact that it is a hard top and convertible, the overall look of the car. It is just a great car to drive and to be in.

Since Ford has discontinued it, there are can be no improvements.