Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
What more could one want?
By SBA on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of looks, fun to drive, great handling and ride. Watch for leaks around front sealing area of hardtop and/or convertible. Handles great in all weather. Minimal trunk space, but it will hold golf clubs & weekend fun bag for wife and me.

So Smooth
By garyh on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My first impression was that the engine is so smooth. The car really turns heads, people just come up to you and talk about it. The quality and finish is excellent but the paint is not quite as good as my Jaguar X-Type. Mechanically its perfect.

fine bird
By inspector on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This copy of the T-Bird is a true fun car to drive with good power and a lot better handling than I expected, though the ride is a bit soft. the brakes have a good solid feel to them. I'm very pleased with this car. I was very sorry to hear that Ford is going to stop producing the Bird.

Ford did it!!!
By joeozvann on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car continues to amaze me with its fit and finish and head turnind ability...will be a classic in 10 years!!!

crackin '
By chickenman on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

drove to arizona,there for 6 months,drove home to toronto still love it,a keeper for sure

2002 T-Bird
By BLUBRD on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

After almost a year and a half, I still feel the rush when I drive it. It only comes out of the garage on sunny days and it is still in perfect condition. I intend to keep it that way for many years to come.

NM BIRD 02
By NM BIRD 02 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Happy car that provokes friendly conversation with friends and strangers who either have a TB story or just admire the looks, particularly the interior. Very enjoyable to drive. Terrific handling and response! Puts me in a good mood just to get in it and is even more fun than I thought it would be.

Birds of a feather...
By jjl on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Definitely a head-turner. Just plain fun to drive. This car's style makes gawkers smile! I didn't expect it to drive like a Jag or an SL, and don't care if it's only a Ford product. I'm a father of 4 going through a mid-life crisis!! The most impractical car I've ever bought, but I don't care!

My Dream Car
By LORA BARAN on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

My experience with this vehicle has been surperb! In fact, I always feel like "taking off" to unknown places while driving it. It feels extremely solid and safe. The interior compart- ment could be a smiggen larger, however. I purchased it two months ago and don't recall ever having a car as enjoyable as this 2002 T-Bird (in Teal). "My Dream Car" LORA

I can't wait for Spring
By SASY302 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is what driving is all about, not a person in the world can deny that when you get behind this wheel...you become King or Queen of the road! No BMW,Mecedes, Lexus, or Corvette for that matter gets as many looks as I do when I pull in anywhere! I can't wait for this long cold winter to be over, because this is a car that is pampered and will never see daylight as long as one snowflake is in the air...I can't think of one thing I don't love about this car, and for all those who wrote in and made disparaging remarks..you have not right to own one!To those that love and own this car I will see you in the spring...