2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
CA Thunder
By Hammer60 on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding automobile! I believe so many are brainwashed with the idea that only a car from Japan or Germany is worth anything, that they are blinded to what the US has to offer. Motor Trend tested some 26 different cars for their 2002 car of the year and only one was US, the T-bird. It won by the way! I don't really care if people are closed minded, but it is sad to see them waste all that money on cars that have become a dime a dozen and can not hold a candle to the style, performance and just plain fun that this American legend offers!

Finally got my dream car . . .
By ToddMC on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

and it is more than I could have ever hoped for! From the moment I saw the concept version in 2000, I knew I would have to have one of these!! The look, the style, the fit and finish and that low rumble of the engine are all perfect. As many have stated, no high- priced Mercedes, BMW's or Volvo's get the type of admiring glances that this baby does. Having come off being a Mustang GT owner for years (all of which I liked), I am pleased that I have graduated from a fast pony car to a sophisticated boulevardier. Ford could not have done better is designing and producing this car.

I love my new thunderbird
By ron williams on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is excellent in every way!! Being a 2002, it doesn't have heated seats, but if I really needed them I can get a 2003. The car steers well, has adequate power and gets lots of looks. I was not overwhelmed by the styling at first, but a lot of people must like it, because it still attracts a lot of attention. It is a very comfortable car and a joy to own!

MY T BIRD
By JESSE JAYNES SR on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

BEEN WAITING SCINCE 1955. (AS I TELL ALL ME & SANDRA DEE) SEEN HER IN A MOVIE WHEN I WAS A KID DRIVING A 1955 TQUIOS (W PORT HOLE) HAD TO HAVE IT. ABSOLUTLY THE BEST MR JESSE JAYNES SR

fun drive
By diecentral on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a "hoot" to own & drive! Get use to complete strangers coming up to you and asking all kinds of questions about the car. It's impractical to own but I'm 60 yrs old & it makes me feel 16 all over again.

Needs more power
By jmyers on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Overall a very nice car. Needs more power. Mileage is excellent. Ride is a bit soft. Grabs lots of attention.

Fun car
By Bird Watcher on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A thoroughly enjoyable automobile, the most fun that I have ever gotten from a new car!!!

OH MY GOD!!
By lilbitaluc on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My husband just picked up a 2002 T- bird. All I can say is "OH MY GOD!!" What a car! Its fast, sexy, fun to drive and just wonderful! I think my husband is going through a mid-life crisis and I'm SOOOO GLAD!! The car is Awesome. I read only 1 review that was really negative about the T- bird....Whats up with that? you are definitely the minority here! YAY!!! GO T_BIRD!!!!

real head turner
By Jayv on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The 2002 Ford T Bird is A real head turner. Has a fairly good ride.Needs a little more horsepower.It has an excelent sound system. Needs a little more leg room.I see the T Bird as a very classy roadster.

Bob's T-Bird
By tmbob on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Power, handling, and comfort makes this a blast to drive