Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Great car for fun driver
By George Schwab

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife and we both enjoy driving it, and owning it. It's not a hot rod, but has plenty of power. Smooth ride and very fun to drop the top and cruise. If you want a Corvette, buy one (I probably will) but don't sell the Thunderbird short. It's a keeper, in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Styling, convertible top with hardtop option (good for here in Texas where it gets so hot in the summer). Radio and human factors are excellent. Quality has been better than I expected, in fact, nearly perfect. Only minor glitches and fewer than expected on a first year to market car.

Suggested Improvements

To have kept it in production! Other than that, more power and some performance suspension options would have been nice. Great car, though, as is.

A Classic
By off n gone

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having driven this car over 50,000 miles, I still smile. Car still gets looks and comments every place I go. And I live in SoCal. Could use a little more power, but it more than keeps ahead of traffic.

Favorite Features

Soft top up or down in seconds. Hard top rarely gets used, but adds more class to a classic look.

Suggested Improvements

Car has been discontinued. Great for me, bad for those wanting one.

My Childhood Dream Car Come True
By BryanJMcLaughlin

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Since I was a child, I wanted a 50's T- Bird, and now that I have my black on black 2002, all of my dreams have been realized. She turns heads wherever I take her. The chrome wheels together with the chrome trim around the windshield really set the car off. It is more responsive than my Mustang GT. Honestly my most favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Far too many positive points to list! My description just can't do this vehicle enough justice. More looks than my Vette, my Viper, or my Prowler! Body Style, acceleration, smooth effortless auto transmission. Timeless beauty and style, gets attention wherever I go.

Suggested Improvements

MORE aftermarket performance parts.

Satisfied owner
By Fred Altman

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car has performed flawlessly with absolutely no service requirements other than oil changes in the 15,000 miles I have driven it. The only problem I have encountered is hitting my head on the hardtop as I enter the car when it is on. The car attracts much admiring attention from both young and old wherever we go. Trunk could be bigger, but it does haul two suitcases plus several small packages.

Favorite Features

Design of both the interior and exterior is extremely reminiscent of the 1957 T-bird we owned at one time. This is a much more functional driver. The power top is easy to use The adjustable steering column is great as well as the window glass which snugs up after entry to reduce wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked a cassette tape player in addition to CD player. Trunk could be a bit more spacious.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Dee

2002 Ford Thunderbird Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Inherited this little beauty from my godmother with only 3k miles on it - I can't believe now that I tried to talk her out of buying it! (She and her husband had matching '55's in their day). The "Bird" helped to make her last few months more enjoyable, and will now give me several years of enjoyment. Great vehicle performance, and what a head turner!

Favorite Features

The opera window - it just spells C-L-A-S-S.

Suggested Improvements

Seating could be a bit more comfortable for long trips - but no real complaints here.